The Legalise Cannabis Alliance Party

Sal

they believe will 'clear the air' in Norwich.

The party want to attract a local taxi company that would be willing to allow a

simple conversion of one of it's cabs - to run on fuel made from locally grown

cannabis.

The cab would be used to provide free transport to and from hospital for those

in need to cannot be taken by ambulance. The expenses and wages, they propose,

would be met through sponsorship through other local businesses.

Alun Buffry, candidate for the University ward, said: "Our idea is to bring

together a local taxi company and other businesses to help people in need to

get to the hospitals and back, and to demonstrate the feasibility of using

locally-produced biofuels from hemp for local public transport.

"The bonus is that burning the fuel will not cause pollution.

"In one small step, we can clean the air, boost agriculture and employment, and

ease the burden on the sick and infirm. All it takes is the recognition of the

usefulness of the cannabis plant and some co-operation from local business

people. And of course to somehow get round the remains of "Reefer Madness"

fears about hemp."

The LCA is contesting all 13 seats in the local council elections in Norwich on

June 10th.

thats a great idea, there was a guy on the radio the other day, saying how he had been running his diesel car on used vegetable oil since the last petrol price hike.

maybe public opinion is ripe for the swaying

best of luck to all of the candidates

It'll never happen in the present political climate BLAIRS A SHIT. Good idea good sentiment but thats all it will be i'm afraid. :) Bloody hell next you'll be telling me you can use cannabis to alleviate some illness's whatever next.

Guest nav182

:thumsup:

I'd be fucking stuck to the exhaust pipe. Here's a fiver mate, just keep her turning over and let me know when my times up, yeah rev it a bit, toke-toke, ahhhhh,sweeet marijuana.

Nav

• 3 weeks later...

Sib, don't knock it m8. I read last year that some hemp farmers had already begun to run cars, tractors etc on hemp based fuel.

And all that Rapeseed you see in the fields these days? Mostly going to bio-mass fuel production. A lot of farmers would switch to hemp growing but either lack experience, believe Rapeseed to be more lucrative, or have tried test fields that were badly pillaged by idiot pot-heads, so gave up.

But I think hemp is coming back to the UK countryside more and more. The Bio-mass market is fast growing. Long may it continue

Not knocking it just stating a fact. Do you really believe this government or any other for that matter are going to do anything to support good ideas like this.

They might allow veggie oil to be used but hemp i think not, not yet awhile anyways. Did you know that the DTi stopped in its tracks the leanburn system being developed by ford to place instead GMs catalyst converters that reduce local pollutants but are not so good at reducing greenhouse gases. Which is ironic as Lotus engineers have discovered Ford was on the brink of the major discovery of cleaner sparkless ignition. They dont always do whats right. :yinyang:

Edit for another fact. Did you also know that in the forties thats the 1940s ford also produced a car whose panels were made from Hemp and found it to be 10 times stronger than the steel being used at the time hmmmm anything happened since NO!

Edited by sibannac