Visiting the dam in 10 days!

Grievster

Well after years of me and my mates saying we are going to visit, we have finally all gone ahead paid for flights to amsterdam and booked 3 nights in theBulldog hostel. Funds was a big problem for us lot and considering we we're only going for the weekend we decided it would be a good idea to not pay for luggage and just take backpacks as our personal luggage and put our needs for the holiday in that. Basically we've all now become a little concerned that we might overpack our backpack, and I've heard that if your personal luggage doesn't fit in the other head compartment you can get charged up to £80 :smokin: Has anyone got any information or experience doing this? and has anyone ever stayed in the Bulldog hostel dorm rooms?

Also, the obvious question! Anyone who's been recently got any good coffee shop recommendations for us?

Cheers to who ever may contribute! :D:doh:

I wouldn't waste my money on the dam now :smokin:

Shit smoke that is vastly overpriced nowadays,better to get a train to Rotterdam and head to the Sensi smile Coffeeshop :doh:

I wouldn't waste my money on the dam now :smokin:

Shit smoke that is vastly overpriced nowadays,better to get a train to Rotterdam and head to the Sensi smile Coffeeshop :doh:

Or any other town, you'll be passing den haag if you go to rotterdam.Its as close to schiphol as amsterdam ,just in the opposite direction

However if you've never been then go . Disneyland for adults!

Yes its a gamble buying weed in amsterdam, you'll have shit dressed up as caviar sold to you in most places.

Enjoy yourself

Take no notice of the doom merchants mate

Dam is not JUST about the weed. The atmosphere is great, especially at the weekend

You'll get stoned/high and have a great time. In fact its quite fun trying to find a good weed :spliff:

If you are going for great weed then forget it, although you might just come across a corker, if you are going for a good time then you will have a good time

Get to Hill Street Blues and try their Amnesia Haze and Chocolope. They were lovely when i was there about 3 weeks ago

Owd

Edited by Owderb

Hi Grievster

You can still get some very nice weed at resonable prices in Amsterdam if you do your homework.

Its true that many coffeeshops are just looking to take tourists cash but there are still many places to pick up something good.

As for baggage, check with your airline what size baggage they allow.

For my usual airline it is 50 x 35 x 23cm which is a smallish backpack. Backpacks/rucksacks are better as you can squash them into the box they have to check the size.

I can easily get a weekends worth of clothes in that size and always wear my bulky clothes (jacket, fleece etc) whilst travelling.

Any liquids will need to be under 100ml and put in a clear bag no bigger than 20x20cm.

I'm quite fortunate in that I have always worked with a Dutch company based in Amsterdam and get to visit once every other month.

Like I said, do your homework before you go and you shouldnt fall into any of the traps designed to cost you more money!!

Guest Nunsacred

Just pack yer toothbrush and a change of undies.

3 nights you won't need more.

Even soap and toothpaste are a pain in the arse in hand luggage and don't forget customs don't allow more than a thimble full of liquid so buy that out there in a supermarket .... If yo need to.... Maybe find the hostel has a stash of these from previous guests.

My big tip is don't allow lightweights to ruin your trip.

If you're just getting stuck in to some nice bud in comfy surroundings and one of your crew wants to go wandering around to basically avoid getting more stoned, let them do that without you!

I would say Amsterdam for the vibe or Rotterdam for value (I am fond of Sensi Smile too :smokin: ).

But if you have never been before - Amsterdam is the one. Dont allow yourself access to any more money than you want to spend :bong: .

Its also a great place to meet women, good luck & hang on to your wallet.