which should i avoid?

mrpinkeye

hi all

iv made a list of coffeshops people have reccomended in various forums, im just not very good at finding places! so i was wondering if you could warn me of any of the following i should avoid due to price, service or atmosphere and i wont waste my time looking for them :stoned:

the dolphins

the bushdoctor

the noon

homegrown fantasy

abraxas

greenhouse effect

prix d'ami

barneys

dampkring

hunters

thanks lol

Katsu is always a good bet! Its a bit of a trek but worth it! Also a CS called Yo-Yo, its down near Katsu ish, it usually has sum lovley stuff for very reasonable prices,didnt make it there myself this time due to my mates being lazy/stoned n not wanting 2 walk any distance. Only made it 2 Katsu once n ive been regeting it since i got back. My fav CS used 2 b Dampkring but i have 2 admit the standard has dropped, a few o the bits that got bought from there were bad but on the flip side there NYC Diesel was lovley n only 9euro a gram! Make sure u have a look b4 you buy anything, a few o the boys didnt n got blatantly ripped off. Enjoy youself when u go!!

PS just reread your post avoid Hunters,we made the mistake of going in there, the Budtender was off his tights on coke or speed dancing like a maniac to hard techno,i asked 2 c a few bits n he clearly wasnt happy about it also there gear was shit, if your heading too Barneys take your ID,they want proof of age b4 letting you in, my mate who is 34 got knocked back because he didnt have any! Needless 2 say we took the piss all weekend, saying that Barneys is very over priced 4 what they have on offer. Im sure you will have a blast!

PS just reread your post avoid Hunters,we made the mistake of going in there, the Budtender was off his tights on coke or speed dancing like a maniac to hard techno,i asked 2 c a few bits n he clearly wasnt happy about it also there gear was shit, if your heading too Barneys take your ID,they want proof of age b4 letting you in, my mate who is 34 got knocked back because he didnt have any! Needless 2 say we took the piss all weekend, saying that Barneys is very over priced 4 what they have on offer. Im sure you will have a blast!

When i was their beginning of month hunters n katsu had best bud by far. The budtender is a bit of a dick but they have 2 cs on wormstraat so just go to other one

If your heading too Barneys take your ID,they want proof of age b4 letting you in, my mate who is 34 got knocked back because he didnt have any! Needless 2 say we took the piss all weekend, saying that Barneys is very over priced 4 what they have on offer. Im sure you will have a blast!

That happened to me as well a couple of year ago, I was about 32 at the time and they wouldn't serve me without ID, I have to say it didn't bother me and we went back later with ID and all was cool.

Although they've not been mentioned MrPink, 2 places to avoid like the plague are all Grasshopper's and all Bulldog's, tourist traps, over priced and the smoke is usually 2nd rate, if you see them, give them a wide birth, or if you want a laugh, go in, but you won't be stay long!

If your heading too Barneys take your ID,they want proof of age b4 letting you in, my mate who is 34 got knocked back because he didnt have any! Needless 2 say we took the piss all weekend, saying that Barneys is very over priced 4 what they have on offer. Im sure you will have a blast!

That happened to me as well a couple of year ago, I was about 32 at the time and they wouldn't serve me without ID, I have to say it didn't bother me and we went back later with ID and all was cool.

Although they've not been mentioned MrPink, 2 places to avoid like the plague are all Grasshopper's and all Bulldog's, tourist traps, over priced and the smoke is usually 2nd rate, if you see them, give them a wide birth, or if you want a laugh, go in, but you won't be stay long!

been many times and always made a pont of NOT going to the bulldog or grasshoper :) makes me laugh when newbs return telling me about those 2 tourist traps :yep:

been many times and always made a pont of NOT going to the bulldog or grasshoper :) makes me laugh when newbs return telling me about those 2 tourist traps :yep:

Haha, I'm the same, point blank refuse to go in them, although I did go in the grasshopper just off the damrak about 4 year ago, but it was just to show my mrs the difference between a good coffee shop and a tourist trap, I think we stayed all of 10 minutes!

I'm not sure when the last time you went to the dam is, but since the smoking ban, some coffee shops have 'smoking' rooms and in particluar Sheeba's, the bud tender is now set up right in front of the doors to the smoking room and he pressured us into buying smoke before we went in, tbh, we usually buy a bit of smoke, even if its just a pre-rolled when we go into a coffee shop, but that directness put me right off so I'll never go back, shame as I used to like that place in the 90's, remember getting some amazing Hindu Kush from there.

I'm not sure when the last time you went to the dam is, but since the smoking ban, some coffee shops have 'smoking' rooms and in particluar Sheeba's, the bud tender is now set up right in front of the doors to the smoking room and he pressured us into buying smoke before we went in, tbh, we usually buy a bit of smoke, even if its just a pre-rolled when we go into a coffee shop, but that directness put me right off so I'll never go back, shame as I used to like that place in the 90's, remember getting some amazing Hindu Kush from there.

I've been in Sheeba's before when the bud tender has refused to let some people in without buying something to smoke there. It's a real shame because it's a nice place. I think they only do it in high tourist season, which seems to be most of the time the past couple of years. But I've been when it's not so busy and had no problems. I've only had it happen in a couple of coffee shops and thinking about it, it's only happened the last couple of occasions that I've been, maybe a new thing? I don't know. I've only been going to Amsterdam over the past five years, but it's not an experience I've had till lately. Still, definitely places to avoid if they expect you to buy there, especially considering how much you pay for coffee alone.

I've been in Sheeba's before when the bud tender has refused to let some people in without buying something to smoke there. It's a real shame because it's a nice place. I think they only do it in high tourist season, which seems to be most of the time the past couple of years. But I've been when it's not so busy and had no problems. I've only had it happen in a couple of coffee shops and thinking about it, it's only happened the last couple of occasions that I've been, maybe a new thing? I don't know. I've only been going to Amsterdam over the past five years, but it's not an experience I've had till lately. Still, definitely places to avoid if they expect you to buy there, especially considering how much you pay for coffee alone.

Sounds out of character for them which tender was it? I visit there regularly when i visit n only buy 1 2gr of mango haze or lemon cheese but never pressured maybe was having bad day on last trip bought 1gr in first hour of trip n returned many times with no problem even when diff bud tender.

barneys,,,route66 and deffo check out blues brothers uk cheese,was best i found wen i went last,,,oooh and deffo the bluebird for the bluecheese.

Sounds out of character for them which tender was it? I visit there regularly when i visit n only buy 1 2gr of mango haze or lemon cheese but never pressured maybe was having bad day on last trip bought 1gr in first hour of trip n returned many times with no problem even when diff bud tender.

No idea who the bud tender was, and on that trip back in March this year 'you want to stay, you buy' attitude happened to us 3 times, Sheeba's as mentioned, Kardinsky and Softland