Arthritis

flippen875

Hi all, I suffer from degenerative bone syndrom and due to this its causeing bad arthritis through out my body. Now usually I smoke ganja to relieve the pain but as I am without source and on my way to growing my own I need another way to rid this pain. I dont like or want to use the prescribed drugs the DR gives cause it makes me stomach really sick. And Asprin and that sort of thing doesnt really work and again makes me stomach sick. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

flipp

avoid the acupuncture offered by the nhs like the plague - its a downright dangerous cut-down version of the real thing - BUT the real thing, Traditional Chinese Acupuncture is what you need - they'll not only help you with the pain, they may well be able to tackle the root causes - and in my experience, won't bat an eyelid over your consumption of ganja - mine is positively encouraging! start here - find one close by! :)

The very best of luck, just remember, "conventional" medicine does not have a monopoly on health care - there are good safe alternatives out there, they just take a bit of finding! :yinyang:

Thanks Vlad,

Ive given the website a look and there are many in my area, ? for ya are they expensive?

flipp

usually somewhere in the £25-30 per treatment region - some have a scheme for lower fees for the unwaged - most are really nice people who'll gve you a free consultation to discuss your problems, before committing to treatment - during that time they should be able to tell you what help they can offer! You'll be bowled over by the care and consideration you'll be shown - for once, you're not a number! :)

Lots of people get put off by the fees - on average, I have 4 treatments a year - £100 for my total medical expenses for a year is bloody cheap - if you've got a car, it may well depreciate that much in a week! :yinyang:

Thanks Vlad Im gonna give it a go. Its better than sitting here in pain. I found a bunch here in Edinburgh and they were all on that website you directed me too. Ive tried deep tissue theropy awhile ago but I was getting that done every week and it was costing me a fortune. Now that Im unemployed I cant afford to go anymore but it seems the acupuncture doesnt need to be done that often so I think I could swing it.

thanks again

flipp

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Vlad Ive got my appointment next week, cant wait, kinda nervous, really hate needles. So ? for ya does it hurt?

flipp

have you tried or heard of komboucha, flip????

if not do a google search and have a read into it, it's a home brewed tea that might be of interest to you.. lol

sittingrelaxing it looks interesting, do you know where I could get it in the UK. Im in Edinburgh and have a health food store near by. And would it be known by any other name.

cheers m8

flipp

Guest Potter

Bad enough being without weed mate i got arthritic pain too, when even the weed wont stop my knees twinging I USE Iprobrufen, the 400 prescribed stuff, nasty but it works and not too many side effects but i expect you already know that..

Good luck with your grow..

do you know where I could get it in the UK. Im in Edinburgh and have a health food store near by. And would it be known by any other name.

cheers m8

flipp

some wicca shops sell the mushroom/fungus with a startingbrew,

i got mine off a friend, i think he got his from "

the sorcerer's appentice", i love the whole philosophy of it , and the story of it's past, and it's a refreshing drink in the bargain.....

i started having it for gout, which it's stops the attacks of and made my hair go really thick aswell if i stop drinking it i get gout pains starting in my toes..... :spliff:

ok -how much does it hurt? - honestly!? - I faint dead away if people try to take blood samples from me, but have had years of acupuncture treatments with no problems. At worst its usually like the initial "ouch" of a mosquito bite - more often than not, you don't feel them at all, as the needles are very fine (and strong - unheard of breaking them - you can tie knots in 'em!) -really, don't worry, you'll feel so much better, its worth any slight discomfort - my tip, don't watch - look the other way, or you'll tense up! :smoke:

• 4 weeks later...

my arthiritis is the 'juvenile' form, i've had it since i was 7...

i find dandelion, stingynettles, cannabis and ibroprofen help me,

but if your bones are falling to bits, sorry...

the only thing that might help that is healing Magic...

or joint replacements... 'hey! i was smoking that!'...

-

re-edited for stoned typoes!

Edited by TheGanjaFaery