Trip Report

nflame13

Just got back from the dam today :(

Wish i was still there!

Anyways...

Thought i would give a little report for anyone heading there soon!

Arrived 26th and it was pissing it down it rained everyday there pretty much until i left yesterday so take a rain coat umbrella etc! The weather is just really unpredictable! Stayed in an apartment this time apposed to a hostel (last time we were there), it was smoker friendly on the prisengracht, very nice, reasonably priced and quite romantic for me and my GF. Good location to.

My trip last year was all about the hazes and i didnt smoke a single indica or indica dom but i thought this time as my tolerance was low and the prices of sativas/hazes in amsterdam are getting higher by the second i would try a few new strains that perhaps i wouldn't usually go for. Easier on the pocket and easier on the mind and body, more relaxing and less intense.

Mellow yellow: Blueberry @ 7.50/g

For the price a really good buy, loads of trichs amber in colour a soft smoke and nice relaxing high nothing special just a good starting point as i hadn't smoked for a while and my tolerance was poor at best! Tastes/smells nothing like blueberry, needed a good cure imo. Mellow yellow was ok a bit smokey for my liking i prefer shops with ventilation or outside seating as i don't like tobacco smoke. Staff were a bit slack but thats about it, poor atmos in comparison to other shops. Weed Scores: 3/5

Dampkring: NYCD @ 9.5/g

One of the best Coffeeshop's of the trip! Incredible decor, atmos and menu! Not to mention the milkshakes they should be illegal they're so addictive! :B):

The NYCD, (my all time fav strain) was empty when i asked for it so he opened a fresh bag for me which i was pleased about but sadly this NYCD was not the best diesel i have smoked. Nice familiar smell not as strong as previous NYCD's same for the high it was clear but with a deep introspective come down a little antisocial which i hadnt expirenced with this strain before. Trichs were below average on numbers but clear/milky. Taste was there but not as sour or tangy as previous smokes. Weed Scores: 2.5/5

Abraxas: Cheese @ 12/g

Beautiful coffeeshop, great weed, poor atmos inside so we sat outside. The cheese was prebagged but a good quantity and the smell! mmmmm! best smelling weed of the trip you could smell it at 10 paces even in 2 baggies! The taste was nice and the high wacked a great big smile on your face not giggly just a bit stupefying! Weed Scores: 4/5

Hill Street Blues on the Market: Hill Street Special @ 9/g

I have saved the best till last this is the coffee shop that we spent the most time in it was a really nice place to hang out in the day to watch people in the nieuwmarket bustling about, loved the outside seating and the inside if raining. Great friendly staff and delicious and cheap toasties and fresh mint tea! My GF choose this weed just at random (i think it was because it was the cheapest and she doesn't like spending money) But she was onto a winner! best weed of the trip I was told it was a Kush x Shiva when i bought it but when i asked the next day (to try and catch them out) i was told by a different member of staff it was hindu kush so at least we can assume it is a kush variety. Very soft hashy smell with a sweet floral/fruitiness but when broken up it becomes more fruity, taste was soft fruit and strong hash loads of trichs and a very nice high, social, clear not to stoned but strong high. Made me want to get up and go for a walk, explore for half an hour then come back for more tea and toasties! The other weeds in comparison just didn't pack the same punch as this and the high lasted a good 2 hours unlike all the other strains which were maybe 40mins tops. You get a nice couch lock towards he end of the high but nothing to serious, I would definitely recommend hill street even though their menu is on the small side it was good quality weed at reasonable prices with good service and good food and drink. Weed Scores: 5/5 (cheese toasties were 2 euro by the way and mint tea 1.50 bargain!)

I also had a smoke in Barneys lounge, Amnesia and Greenhouse (the one on the canal), i enjoyed all but the menus suck price wise in comparison to other shops and i cant say i am interested anymore in the strains they sell, boring. Hence why i didn't buy from them, a word of warning to fresh mint tea enthusiasts, greenhouse don't wash their mint as my cup was full of flies and maggots hmmm.. :P:spliff:

Did loads of cool things as well, a top restaurant to check out is Kitsch on utrechstratt very good food, for the best sandwidches and cheesecake ever try b&bs on ledsespein straat ( the street heading away from the ledisespein square towards central station/dam sq direction) The cheese tasting at the reypenaer shop next to the grey area. Also free tour at gassan diamonds, tour going to see windmills in zaanse schaans and the jewish history museum.

So all in all a great holiday wish i had a higher tolerance really as i could only get through 4 grams in five days and i would of loved to try more from the dampkring's giant menu but i still had a blast, and hope anyone heading out there has a great time to.

Nflame13

PS. The Vlamse Frites shop on the damrak sells delicious chips that are full of hair! Also i appologise for the spelling mistakes of which i'm sure there are many!

Edited by nflame13

Guest 2hi2try

I got some Iceolator hash from hill st blues and it probably one of the strongest hashes I've ever smoked but very messy to skin up with.

-2Hi

Thanks guys! Its been nearly a week now since i got back and god its depressing being back at work! :stoned:

Oh well hope you enjoyed your trip RonJon!

Nflame13

i had an awesome time!

i tried getting the hill street special but they were nearly out, and nearly out of everything else too!

so i got a gram of white widow. wasn't that great. :yahoo:

everything else i bought turned out lovely.

favourites being:

super silver haze from anyday for 12.50 a gram

hawaiian haze from greenhouse centrium for 11 a gram. lovely sativa looking bud.

chocolope from rookies. forgot the price for this

i'm sure super silver haze is the smell you smell outside every coffeeshop as you walk past

such an amazing smell from it.

can't wait to go back!! whenever that is

• 1 month later...