Home made 30min vape....

starbud

I was bored so i decided to embark on a 30min project, the home made vape.

Its rather superb if you take it for what it is, a home made vape. So don't be expecting a 'Volcano' or 'vapbong' experience, :smoke:. But for £1 + herbs, theres no comparrisson.

The pics are pretty self explanatory, but ill step it as well, or you could just youtube it, theres a few how to viedos, however i thought you might be interested...

Its the same hit as a standard vape, rather strong, and clean, and up, instead of spliff heavy, or bong numb. Here goes anyways..

Tools: Scissors, screwdriver, gaffa tape. (the tape is nowhere near any vapours or anything you inhale) Bic pen or small metal pipe. I have the latter.

A screw fitting lightbulb, not bayonet!

1. You need to remove the ceramic plate of the bulb carefully, the scissors will pull the small metal endcap away, and then in a spiralling drilling motion remove the rest of the black ceramic as in my pic 1, you need to remove the whole innards of the bulb so just the glass remains. If its pearl bulb get a spoon full of salt and put it in the bulb, shake it well, and the pearlescence with just be rubbed away. Wash it well and let it dry.

2. While the bulb is drying you can make the lid. Cut a plastic bottle all the way until you just have the neck and cap left, you then 'fashion' a collar with gaffa tape, tight and the same size as the screw of the bulb pic 2. Fold the gaffa tape over on itself, you dont want it sticking to the bulb, it just needs to make a good airtight push fit, that way the bulb slips in and out of the collar real easy for refilling, but no too easy, it needs to be airtight to collect the vapours.

3. Make two holes in the lid, one carb hole, after all you cant suck a vacuum lol and one the same size, exactly as your bic pen or metal tubing, this is your mouth piece pic 3 (I forgot the carb hole when i took the pic, but its there..... Thats it i said 30mins, thats for the slow workers, i was all done inc going to the shop to get a bulb in 15mins. Pic 4 is complete (minus carb hole)

With my pics you can see how easy it is.

Add the herbs, pop the lid on, job done. The next thing is using the vape. You can use a 100w incandescant bulb to heat your herbs, or like me, a tea light, not too close or too far, but then again it doesn't matter, as no flame touches the herbs, you just keep it further away to stop the bulb cracking with moisture from your herbs and heat. Fingers over the holes to stop escapes, when its full like my pic 5.....off you go. Oh, and sit down, the first vape hit for most takes you by suprise, it did me anyway, and I am seasoned :)

After 30 seconds or so you will see vapours rising from the weed, there you go, you have successfully made and had a hit from a £1 vapourizer in less than half an hour. When the herbs have blackened, just like a volcano, clean out with a pokey, and refil.

A bulb is good for about half a G, after the that you don't seem to cook it all through, but then again, after one hit, if you have proper weed :rofl:, theres no hurry hahahaha.

Anyways I fully recommend this if youre bored, or fancy an up hit, i am having the most fun lol

Peace.

post-57501-1282999701_thumb.jpg

:smoke:, i am making a holder so i dont, right at the right height too, minimum effort hahaha. good hit though. I think i am going for the roor now though, the wee vape's got me in the mood :rofl:

Guest 420Farmer

just made one myself, loaded it up with some hash and man did it get me high haha im surprised how well it actually worked! ive always loved making smoking devices but this one is probably the best :woot:

nice write up man :)

post-36943-1283005225_thumb.jpg

Edited by 420Farmer

Good job mate :g: - how long did it take you? (I am working on my averages for construction :B): )

Hahahaha, everyone's at it! It is suprising mate, quite a simple little device, same hit as any vape i've had, and by far better than any plastic bottle bong imo - however i am thinking of constructing a double perc with ash catcher for the entertainment.....just collecting bits as we speak, it takes a fair while to finish a tub of herbs for just one of the perc casings :v: ....

Maybe a bigger lightbulb in the future :) ......

peace :)

Edited by starbud

Guest 420Farmer

Not sure exactly but must of been 15mins or so. The hardest bit is taking the guts out the light bulb but even that is easy. Defiantly quicker and easier to make one of these than a plastic bong + it will get you alot higher! :B):

• 2 months later...

I made a couple of modifications to this design, so here are three tips which realy improve the performance of the lightbulb method.

first and foremost the bulbs often break. you can get little plastic "converters" which allow you to use a screw in bulb in a bayonet fitting - basically a ready made holder which your bulb actually screws into! just use this instead of the bottle top.

that way its much easier to replace broken (or just manky) bulbs. you need to drill a coupla hole in it same as your bottle top

Tip 2 is: use either a gas hob or a culinary blow torch - not a lighter or a crappy candle (you will be amazed [and totally baked] with the results)

Tip 3 - its harsh - run it through a bong - you dont need much water - a roor type would be ideal

with these 3 tips the lightbulb method can hold its own with many comercial vapes

hope this helps someone

E2a you may need a bit of tubing to run it through the bong but this also allows you to shake the bulb a bit to avoid burning

Peace out

Loto

Edited by Lotofago

• 2 months later...

Gave this a whirl at the weekend and it is phenomenal, always wanted to try a vape and this worked a treat.

Loved making this, reminded me of past days constructing ghetto bongs and pipes as a youth. Got any more home made hints to try out, bud?

• 2 weeks later...

definitely gunna try this out tomorrow thanks for the tip! :bong:

one question tho cant picture it in my head, but to run it through a bong would you just be sticking the tube from the bulb straight into the bong water and then making it air tight? or does anyone have any home made sugestions of an easy to use bulb bong vape feel like im gunna need 3 hands to light it