I've had enough of all the bollocks.

Jessiedog

Start small, take on China. lol;)

:naughty:

Ummmmmmmmm........

Heh!

Not really taking on "China", as such, hvy (although I'm aware that the Central Govt. will certainly take an interest and encourage our local authorities to shit on me from a great height).

More like taking on a pimple on the bottom of China. At least for now.

Once that's done, I guess the rest of the country is fair game - but that's a much bigger game and I'll need some help, for sure.

I reckon for that we'll, at the very least, be needing a weapon, oh, and probably a car, and certainly some Dutch Courage.....

Know anyone who may be interested?

;)

Woof

Hey Jessie....

Just to add my message of respect and good luck to you! What an attitude you've adopted mate, my hat is off to you!

The best of luck to you JD, keep us posted

• 2 weeks later...
Any news? How did they 'take' your letter JD?

*sigh*

It would appear that, just as I raised my head, the parapet was raised higher.

After agreeing to publish, they suddenly backtracked and said they couldn't. There was an exchange of correspondence and then they stopped replying to my emails.

Fuckers!

I'm not done with this yet - I'm really fucking angry.

Watch this space.

Woof

This is the way JD you can't question the authorities even when they are wrong its the same to various degrees all across the world. I would expect furthur repurcussions I would make sure you are as clean as a whistle.

Yet the internet is the greatest catalyst to the expansion of our conciouness since LSD was legal in the 60's. They can't put that genie back in the box even though they will try.

Any news? How did they 'take' your letter JD?

*sigh*

It would appear that, just as I raised my head, the parapet was raised higher.

After agreeing to publish, they suddenly backtracked and said they couldn't. There was an exchange of correspondence and then they stopped replying to my emails.

Fuckers!

I'm not done with this yet - I'm really fucking angry.

Watch this space.

Woof

I was thinking when you first posted that you should send copies to some other big 'international' papers too (NY Times/Herald Tribune etc.), is that what you're thinking of doing now?

I was thinking when you first posted that you should send copies to some other big 'international' papers too (NY Times/Herald Tribune etc.), is that what you're thinking of doing now?

Not sure.

This letter was in response to a specific article published in the SCMP and hence would need adapting. I'm still trying to think about something local, since my purpose was to start a debate to challenge the bollocks that's currently flying around here. There are letters being published from people who want lifetime driving bans and a minimum five years jail for "drug drivers".

There is so much ignorance here - the discourse around drugs is one of horror and panic and there's not a single voice being raised in opposition.

I'm thinking.

Woof

Guest Logik

Mate, maybe you're sending it to the wrong place, the international crowd would be a good idea.

Imo I think doing this is a bad idea, I watched a documentary on the news about human rights protestors being tortured and burned with acid in China, lawyers going missing ect...

Maybe if you can start a blog about drug prohibition in china, send it to a few media corps in different western countries and see how that goes.

Doing what you plan to in China seems like a bad idea, play it smart.

Is there any way of using the 'legal highs' business as a route in to this conversation? They are interested in legitmate business, they had something going with this, what do they feel about their own industries making 'legal drugs'? I am contributig something towards the Demos study on this trade, they have already shifted the title to address the problem with the 'legal high' tagline.

Edited by sunshine band

'S'an interesting question.

The mainland Chinese govt (CCP)'s stance is that Mephedrone, etc are not "drugs", but "chemicals" and are legitimate products. To my knowledge, there isn't major usage of new research chems' on the mainland - if there were, I've no doubt the authorities would change things pretty swiftly.

Here in my little bit of China, we've had a couple of articles earlier in the yearregarding the Meph "deaths" in the UK, but I'm sure that Meph, etc. have yet to be scheduled here - again, they are not widely used, peeps are still into their Ket, despite bladders going south with regularity. Spice and other synthetic cannabinoids are also unscheduled.

TBH, I've regularly thought about trying to get into supplying Spice type stuff and Meph in the local market, but I'm just not sure about how to create the meme so it takes off. And I'm a bit wary about stepping on the toes of the Triads who consider supply of illicits to be their domain. A website would be good, but how to promote it?

*keeps on thinking*

lol

Woof

How is the law over there administered in terms of keeping things up to date? Are there provisions such as the DEA identified in the UK MDA for the Government to administer the law in a certain way for certain purposes? What I am basically asking is if the law is challengeable on any grounds do you know?

How is the law over there administered in terms of keeping things up to date? Are there provisions such as the DEA identified in the UK MDA for the Government to administer the law in a certain way for certain purposes?

I don't think so, I think that they just chuck anything into the "scheduled" list that they want - I've dug and dug, but can't find anything other than they can dump anything they want into the schedule of the "Dangerous Drugs Ordinance" - there is no "A", "B" or "C" classifications, just maximum penalties for different substances on "The List".

What I am basically asking is if the law is challengeable on any grounds do you know?

Actually, I think there is.......

Check out pages 6 and 7 of this thread, sunshine.....

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...28100&st=75

We don't have to wait for the ECHR here, it's local legislation.

Might get interesting.

:spliff:

Woof

• 2 years later...

I was just thinking of this thread so a bump may be appropriate.

Prohibition drives me crazy and I can feel my bile rising again.

And this time I have seeds! ;)

Let's see where we go over the next 5 - 10 years.

Blessings all.

:)

woof