Sativa Vs Low Temp Indica

Architeuthis

I like the trippy sativa high, but indica strains are easier to grow. How do low temperature vaped indica strains compare? Could it be a good substitute?

Guest thousandyardstare
I like the trippy sativa high, but indica strains are easier to grow. How do low temperature vaped indica strains compare? Could it be a good substitute?

If I have my vape set below 22o the high becomres very racey for me the lower it gets, definitely too much to chill at home on. I cant really compare it to a proper sativa high as Im not sure if Ive ever smoked a pure sativa!

Edited by thousandyardstare

• 3 weeks later...

Good question. Why spend twice as long growing an exotic sativa with half as much yield, if a low-temp-vaped indica produces the same effect. But I think there is a difference.

With my northern lights I can isolate the THC high on a low temp and save the leftovers to vape on a higher setting for the end-of-evening couch lock hit. But even after several THC-only vape hits I still feel a little of the indica effect after an hour or so.

But I also have a well-cured African sativa, and this sends me through the roof in a way that indicas just can't do. I often have to be wary of smoking too much too soon, especially if its my first hit of the day or I get major anxiety.

Other than the THC/CBD ratios, I think there are other chemical differences in sativas too.

Guest Nunsacred
Good question. ...a well-cured African sativa....sends me through the roof in a way that indicas just can't do...

Other than the THC/CBD ratios, I think there are other chemical differences in sativas too.

Yes. There are 'other chemical differences' between sister plants of the same parentage, let alone between different subspecies!

i believe some african sativas have a higher (albeit still v low) percentage of thc-v , which could account for part of the difference in hit...?

I also believe this thc-v vapes at a higher temp than many of the other volatiles in pot.

I imagine tho , that there are many many other chems in all pots (but sats in particular- the smells just change so much more with curing for sativa dom plants -IMltdE)

any ideas peeps?

rm

• 1 month later...
i believe some african sativas have a higher (albeit still v low) percentage of thc-v , which could account for part of the difference in hit...?

I also believe this thc-v vapes at a higher temp than many of the other volatiles in pot.

I imagine tho , that there are many many other chems in all pots (but sats in particular- the smells just change so much more with curing for sativa dom plants -IMltdE)

any ideas peeps?

rm

i remember reading sumwhere that thcv increases the onset but shortens the buzz at the same time... :rofl:

take it ez, space cadet :wink:

• 5 months later...

Hey guys and gals.

Just bumping this topic to see if any one else has any opinions on the subject of low temp indicas Vs sativas

ive just come into some money and will be buying a volcano and getting a grow on in the next few weeks (1st grow in 2 years!)

i loved the high of some sativas i tried in amsterdam last summer (super silver haze, chocolope, super lemon haze) but have ruled out growing these because of limited height in my grow drobe. can i get a similar high from vaping indica strains on low temps??

so excited about getting growing again

its good to be back!!

Westy