Please Help...

noddybud

Can anyone give me some advice? My friends mother has cancer on a quite severe scale (liver and bone) and has just had chemotherapy. She is suffering the usual nausea and has lost her appetite.

I mentioned to her about cannabis yesterday and she is interested in trying it.

How much and what is the best way to administer the drug? She doesn't want to smoke it so I suppose a herbal tea mix would be the way. I don't want to make her bounce off the walls but does the tea need to be strong?

Hope someone with experience on these boards can help. ;)

Thanks for the quick response. It's the amounts per brownie I'm worried about, I don't wanna gave her a bad time or a whitey. :spliff:

How much should I use for a mix do ya reckon?

Maybe I should try them first eh? ;)

i agree with ossy, a hot canna-chocolate... ;)

i'm not sure about specific doses, but if she's not a toker it's best to air on the side of caution,and start low and use more next time -if needed,

personally i'd use between 0.10 - 0.25 of a gram weed because it can be upto 20%

more potent when consumed in food/drink.. but that might not be enough,to help her

illnes, i wouldn't like someone to have a bad first experience as they wont get the benifit and it might put them off trying it again,

it will work best if she has it on an empty stomach, and then eats a little meal after about 30-45 mins later.

if using weed,to get the best taste and most thc, id try this..

1/ in the bottom of a mug put your weed and add a little bit of milk,not too much,

just enough to dampen the weed this is just so that the milk soaks into the leaf,

warm a small pan, add a little butter (thumb nails worth) to the empty pan,

as the butter starts to clarify and bubble remove from the heat and add the weed,

stir around to infuse the butter and the weed, then add to the lowest heat again when it starts bubbling,add a 1/4 of a cup of milk and stir, when it starts to froth at the edges,

add another 1/4 of the milk, keep repeating until it's boiled, add your ovaltine/horlicks/hot chocolate, sugar into the pan, then pass through a tea-strainer to remove the leaf........

it tastes better with hame-made hash instead of the all the bud,

Definately err on the side of caution M8. Cannabis is remarkably potent medicine. Best take a little, wait, a little more if needed and so on.....

All the best

Just to add to what other people have said, if you start off with a small dose you can always give her more, give her too much and you won't be able to take it away

Hope it works for her

Mr J

Thanks for your help folks. I've got some ideas now. Hope this works for her too. She's in such pain at the moment, any improvement will be a bonus. :smug:

You could try this method of delivery. Go to the local chemist and purchase a small tub of Aquaeous cream i think it comes in 500ml add to this 1/4 good quality skunk (finely ground) leave for a couple of days to ferment then apply to the base of the spine. Use a large plaster and spoon some mix into the middle then place over the coxis region. I hope this works.

• 5 weeks later...

good idea, i've never tried that before sibbannac, may be beneficial for my mothers back pain as well. (broke her back about 10 years ago, and arthritis is really bad there for her now. once i have her try it, i'll let you guys know.