Any Drum And Bass Lovers Out There

Guest oldskoolsmoker

I listen to Drum and Bass quite often, prefer more traditional DnB (Roni Size, Mampi Swift etc), Amen breaks Jungle, Ragga Jungle and rollers as opposed to screechy Jump Up, Neurofunk etc you get mostly now on the commercial end. One of my favourite tracks (which I own on vinyl actually) has to be:

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Never really felt the Jungle scene. Ol'd skool was getting old by the time I fully understood how to use my finger tips on the 1210's propa'.

Then one day a young GreenVision was handed this by my local...

Was hooked on Dark Side Drum n Bass for many years to come. Renegade Hardware would put on the best DnB nights I have seen to this day.

• Like 4

i remember early jungle , it was more techno`y ?

hence the name jungle -techno.

the beats were more driving thumping feel as apposed to the later amen break craze.

it would seem the later jungle sound evolved from a dub/rave sound that seemed to fit nicely.

one tune stands out from 91 as a pure jungle techno tune , its called "jungle techno" by noise factory.

big up all old skool ravers who remember , big up those who dont.

for those  who cant dance just nod ya head .

• Like 4

Just now, catfish said:

for those  who cant dance just nod ya head .

:yes:

That fucker punched me in the head one night, he was giving it large, I walked past the stage then smack with the right hand mid lyrical flow!

I'm on the tape pack at Warning, lost over the years :( .. "oh shit, sorry rude boy, I nearly sent you out!"

That moment of, shall I pull the fucker off the stage or laugh it off as an accident. I was buzz eyed, I went for the laugh it off and had a chat with him later. Fucker spanked me outta nowhere lol

This was the perfect crossover time for me, perfect mix of happy vibes and rolling beats, DnB, not really might class as borderline...

Hardcore or crossover to DnB beats, where does this one sit?

• Like 3

firmly on all 3 fences bruv

there`s jungle techno ,jungle , crossover and a slice of d and b .

Edited by catfish
to add more bollocks
  • Like 1

Then there was this that changed the dance a lot!!

Paired with Hyper D,,"Get pon the floor and do the hooooooligan'a"

• Like 5

see for me that was a classic and always will be .

im going to be controversial and say on that record i prefer the b side .....................................................................

there it is i said it .

• Like 1

Fucking roller....more than likely been posted many a time before in this topic but the neighbours are about to feel the drop!!

• Like 1

Just now, catfish said:

see for me that was a classic and always will be .

im going to be controversial and say on that record i prefer the b side .....................................................................

there it is i said it .

I'm with ya, that echo, used to send rushes through my teeth, then the fucking drop.... my neighbours hate you :P

• Like 1

so if you play one you gotta play the other . let them hate me some more then

i did like gq as a mc ,yeah there were better but at least he gives you a chance to listen to the tune and not the racing comentry

• Like 2

as im here might as well go for the hatrick .

im wearing my junglist movement tee-shirt today. so i am aloud to brock out

• Like 2

Just now, catfish said:

as im here might as well go for the hatrick .

im wearing my junglist movement tee-shirt today. so i am aloud to brock out

*goosebumps* you know that feeling when the hairs stand up on the back of your neck, that cunt lied in Sixth Sense, it was an old pill resurfacing! lol

I lost my shit bad to this tune one night!!!! lol It dropped, the future.. the future...Hype just kept bringing that point back perfectly, Hype scatching that tune perfectly in time and chopping it up, I nearly dropped!

I swear I heard the "the future" and "boy this is too much" about 60 times in my buzzed out head!

That man could take a tune and turn it into 10 right before your eyes! Serious fucking talent!

and tuneeeeee!!!

Edited by GreenPirate
typo
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

Never really felt the Jungle scene. Ol'd skool was getting old by the time I fully understood how to use my finger tips on the 1210's propa'.

Then one day a young GreenVision was handed this by my local...

Was hooked on Dark Side Drum n Bass for many years to come. Renegade Hardware would put on the best DnB nights I have seen to this day.

Have 3 copies of that on vinyl, still gets played often lol 

• Like 2