Vitamin C for higher highs?

En1gma23

I remember in the eighties, people thought that orange juice would briing you down off an acid high, if you were having a bad trip. don't remember if it worked though.

I remember in the eighties, people thought that orange juice would briing you down off an acid high, if you were having a bad trip. don't remember if it worked though.

this story was going around in the 60's,one summer evening all those years ago my friends became concerned for me and my mate after we had taken a "doomdot" micro tab of acid each.they apparently gave us high doses of vit c to bring us down.16 hours later it still hadnt worked.

a sugar hit always seems to enhance the weed,or have i just got the munchies..

spliffdaddy :mad:  :stoned:

In 1970 I inadvertantly consumed 6 black microdots, whilst at Leeds Uni Students Union bar! That is, I took 2, and was spiked with four more from two places! I was removed to a strange house full of well dressed Jamaican people, a pleasant change from the Viking hordes that kept chasing me on horseback around the Uni which was a blazing inferno! They fed me huge spliffs, gallons of Orange juice and pounds of sugar. It worked. The bad trip diminished into a tolerably manic one and I was down about 8 -12 hours later. I think that without their help.....?????

Anyone else recall that bar? It was magic! The law had no way in because the guy in charge was the guy that they had to apply to for a warrant! And he was an old sixties libertarian! Oh man, there were refractory tables occupied by up to a couple of dozen dealers openly trading vast amounts of hash, weed and acid! Nepalese, Moroc, Pakistani, Thai, Durban, Congo - oh the Congo! A few thousand hits of Strawberry Fields to go with your pound of Nepalese sir? Oh, well, yes I don't mind if I do! No exageration folks, it was really like that for a year or two, a kind of dealer's bazaar!

But the thing was, having purchased your stash, you had to get out! And outside they used to wait in their droves, those boys from the DS! What you needed was fresh faced 17 year old with no record.......

.....but that's another story!

I'd heard that vitamin C would help you off a bad trip.As for the bar at Leeds Uni, AL, I remember going there in the mid 70s & being told of its infamy a few years previously.That  night we got some tickets for Floyd playing in Staffs in an old aircraft hanger methinks. Animals time or have I got false memory.........? If only I could remember my name.....