I Love My Lightbulb

Gom Jibbar

Many many years of being a spliff smoker ended a few years back and have been a pipe man since. Then I graduated from a metal pipe to a Roor bong, to glass pipe with a glass gauze. A year or so I picked up a lightbulb style vape and gave it a go with a lighter with fairly poor results. Then I tried a turbo lighter, once again with patchy results. I have tried the volcano, and agree it's a nice piece of kit - but pricey, bulky and a bit of an 'occasion' to set up.

A couple of months ago I dug out the lightbulb vape and had an idea... gas hob!

I can now report that this has unlocked the power of the cheap lightbulb vape. 25-30 seconds over the smallest hob at full blast - giving the vape little shakes during cooking to stop it sticking or burning - and Bob's your close relative. A bulb full of flavoursome vapour, which replenishes after a suck and little shake. And a fullsome and convincing hit! :yinyang: I tried it out on a couple of confirmed spliff-heads and they were very impressed.

I'm a regular now. The glass pipe only gets an outing when away from home. Much lighter on the chest too - I can go out for a run or cycle ride the next day. The other advantage of the gas hob is that it doesn't blacken up the outside of the vape.

The moral of the story is that for all those new to vaping - get a cheap lightbulb vape - and get the cooker on - just don't hold the bulb after cooking :bag:

Too much like smoking crack if you ask me.

That and you cant buy incandescents any more so unless you've got some spare. I know I dont.

That and you cant buy incandescents any more so unless you've got some spare. I know I dont.

yeah I prefer the glue-sniffer look myself with me cano bags lol

nice info there Gom Jibber - cheers :wink:

Edited by dorko420

Hiya Gom, I see you're still waxing lyrical about yer lightbulb. I gotta start using the volcano a bit more, I got some new bags as well. The main problem I have is not enough sockets :wink:

I don't mean an actual lightbulb. I just mean one that looks like one.

Smoking or heating any narcotic and inhaling looks much the same regardless of the drug.

Hiya Gom, I see you're still waxing lyrical about yer lightbulb. I gotta start using the volcano a bit more, I got some new bags as well. The main problem I have is not enough sockets :band:

Sharing the love Duckie, sharing the love :toot:

Edited by Owderb
To remove watermarked pic

Just bought one. GJ

I tried it out and it was ok, I'm unsure about how much bud to put in?

I will get the hang of it after using it some more.

I'm trying the vape experience to see if I like.

All the best MB

Guest thousandyardstare
Just bought one. GJ

You should only need to put about .3 of a g in it for a good hit...Ive found it to be a very different buzz to what Im used too...much better :)

• 3 weeks later...
Just bought one. GJ

I will get the hang of it after using it some more.

I'm trying the vape experience to see if I like.

All the best MB

Sorry metalbasher - only just seen this.

Put in enough ground bud to cover the space a 2p would make in the bulb when flattened out.

Then put the gas hob on, then cook the weed over the gas giving it little shakes to stop it sticking. After 30 seconds of toasting it should start steaming. Take it off the heat, have a draw, and give it a little shake. Perhaps give it another few seconds on the heat and give it another draw. You will know when the vape is properly filling up. Let me know how you get on :rofl:

Edited by Gom Jibbar

I dont think the OP meant one made from a light bulb but one of those that look like a light bulb made from thicker boscilite those diy light bulbs very rarely worked for more than a few hit's and where a bit Magiverish when you had run out of paper.

e2a bring me an avacordo and a snorkle trust me bro ive made bongs with less

Edited by groovelick

No probs Gom Jibbar

I've not been using it too much, but when I have I enjoyed it.

I,m on the pure spliff,s at the moment as I have quit tobacco and

the joint is my alternate ciggie.

cheers MB