Iolite Cleaning Question

pezzie

How do you guys go about cleaning the mouthpiece?

And what about the stuff that builds up in it, is it just tars or is there some stoney stuff worth bothering about?

Thanks

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the sticky stuff is worth keeping as it's THC-rich. Not sure how healthy or otherwise that is though.

I use a small ultrasonic tank with water and cleaning solution. Use this for all my vaping bits and bobs. Before I had this I used rubbing alcohol then rinsed with boiling water. I've also heard of people gently heating all the parts in milk or olive oil and ingesting the remains that way!

Thanks for the replies,

I think as this is the 1st time that I might try cooking it off in milk. I'm sure I heard someone doing this and making hot chocolate with it.

Let's see how it tastes and if the high is worth it.

You can either boil in milk or oil and eat or rinse in iso then leave it to evaporate over night and you will be left with some oil which you can scrape up with a razor blade and smoke.

I know some people cleaning volcanos have been knocked sideways off some hot choc from the resin.

Weeds

I clean mine using alcohol (from a chemist) and it does a great job in seconds. I carefully collect the sticky resin and it can be smoked or put into a cookie mix..

I ended up trying to cook it off in milk. Only had some semi skimmed and was wondering about the fat content being enough I thought about ading a bit of butter but thought that might make it rank, so added a bit of double cream instead. I needed to coax some of the more stubborn residue out with a toothpick and stirred it into the milk.

The smell and taste of the stuff was very like squidgy black hash.

The hot cocoa was very tasty and I was very, very stoned from it.

I still ended up giving the mouthpiece a final clean in iso too.

Thanks again for the replies

I ended up trying to cook it off in milk. Only had some semi skimmed and was wondering about the fat content being enough I thought about ading a bit of butter but thought that might make it rank, so added a bit of double cream instead. I needed to coax some of the more stubborn residue out with a toothpick and stirred it into the milk.

The smell and taste of the stuff was very like squidgy black hash.

The hot cocoa was very tasty and I was very, very stoned from it.

I still ended up giving the mouthpiece a final clean in iso too.

Thanks again for the replies

yeah! that type of kinda hot chocolate is what Ah'm talking about! A very nice high and the double cream was your friend in this situation...It's a classic mix that goes very well together...Brrrr cold out today. A hot chocolate might be needed :-)

I know some people cleaning volcanos have been knocked sideways off some hot choc from the resin.

That was me! :blub: best way to clean ever! I used full fat mik - simmered for 10 mins or so, but I still had to clean parts with ISO afterwards.

In a vaporiser (including iolite) that 'sticky gunk' is simply condensed vapour / hash oil :) . It is not tar, you are not burning anything with a vape.

I'm looking forward to , ahem, cleaning my parts :wink: when required...

Always made me laugh over the years, specially when I was younger, the number of people who would scrape all the tars and residues out of their pipes and bongs to resmoke, foul, inactive poison, possibly some placebo value to it.....

The gunk gathering on me vapouriser even LOOKS good, nice golden and sticky, really looking forward to it...

Monk...x