Gonna Buy One, Which Vapouriser?

Mono

I bought a supreme vaporizer a couple of weeks back.It is absolutely fantastic! Google it.

Edited by Owderb

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mono

• THC4METOO

• vince noir rock n roll star

• Bill Dick

Aye monk,im after a decent vape too lol Want an alternative to pure spliff and want something thats practically unbreakable(can dream cant i)got a setting for every mood i get in lol and can be used over and over to the max of its capabilities on a budget,i got nuf smoke to put through it but aint got much money too buy balloons,spare parts all time,want a solid,versatile piece a kit lol volcano is my only experience of vapes and happened about 2 weeks ago,was impressed by its;buy one solid piece a kit that does what it says on the tin,german quality build yadayada but i did put quite abit of bud through it,couldve been youthfull exuberence but im old and yorks lol Also want it to be a no-brainer(something you can manage when your abit chonged)sorry for butting in ere monk,finding it as hard to choose as you are,lot a money isnt tit :wink:

I own a Verdamper, Volcano and an iolite (i really like y gadgets!) and would highly recommend both the Verdamper and Volcano.

My main advice to anyone looking to buy their first vaporiser would be to try a few out for yourself first and see which you prefer before taking the plunge as even if vaporizing is the way for you they're all quite different.

The Verdampers great, I bought it after trying one in Amsterdam at the cannabis college were they couldn't recommend them enough, its probably the most popular vaporizer in the Netherlands due to its simplicity and ease of maintanance.

I've used mine for 3+ years with with no complaints. if your mainly a bong smoker then the Verdamper will certainly be a more familiar experience and probably easier to get used to for everyday use, and its less likely to leave you craving a bong after vaporizing, at least it was for me (except the hours i spent wasted searching for a lighter before remembering its bloody electric!).

Also if you buy one of the 'jar' versions it costs considerably less than a volcano and can be cleaned in a tenth of the time using only warm soapy water and the two brushes provided. The minor downsides with the Verdamper are the lack of temperature control as its limited to two temperatures (standard or hotter by placing your hand on the top) and its worth noting that it seems to run slightly hotter in the UK, giving thicker vapor than the ones over there do.

One point worth mentioning is the Verdamper isn't for the clumsy, i've gotten through well over £200 in spare glass parts + p&p since i've had it, although luckily the customer service is definately on a par with that of storz & bickel if not better (they even managed to replace a part i broke the week before christmas after i sent an email about the horror of facing a 'verdamperless christmas'.)

I finally gave in and bought the Volcano last month after wanting one for ages and decided i had to fork out after reading an article about selectively vaporizing off different cannabinoids using the various heat settings in order to tailor the high (eg. 3.5 on the Volcano will release nearly solely THC).

Since getting it i'm really impressed, its more efficient than the verdamper, and much more controllable although i think i still prefer the bong style hit from the verdamper. I'd say the Volcano would best suit a joint smoker as its at least a similar action.

I've had the iolite for nearly a year and would not really reccomend it, its been used a few times for the novelty factor (using it in pubs etc) but when your used to the hit from a Verdamper or Volcano etc. its just too weak, plus after the first few puffs the novelty of sucking a very hot, narrow plastic straw starts to wear off. Nowadays if i need something portable I just take a bud bomb/credit card pipe or preferably a neat joint.

Overall if you cant try any before you buy i'd go for the one which is most similar to your preferred smoking style, if your buying one largely for efficiency i'd go with the volcano, but the Verdamper is definitely the best for bong smokers or those on a tighter budget.

Hopefully this will have been of some use to someone rather than just an exercise in stoned typing :blues:

Cannoissuer

Great report Cannoiseur, thanks! And thanks dd.

:no: yeah, you both confirmed my main worry on the Verdammer, breakable parts...it looks lovely, but I think it a bit too breakable for me....also looks too much like a bong if I accidentally leave it out......

I'm torn between the Classic Volc, and the Herbalaire I think..... :spliff:

Seems to be that the puffing from a bag thing is something people liken to spliff smoking, you can just have a little toot here and there rather than a big manly lungbusting full inhale?

So, if that's the case I DO want one that can fill bags okay....

Seems the Volc is easier to fill bags than the Herbalaire? Which one is cheaper and easier on the bags/refills..? Both can use standard oven type bags I think?

I would love to try out a fe w vapes before I buy but it ain't gonna happen, i don't know any vape smokers, I'd probably get run out of the village if anyone found out about it.........

Volc? Herbalaire? Volc? herbalaire?

Monk...x

Overall if you cant try any before you buy i'd go for the one which is most similar to your preferred smoking style, if your buying one largely for efficiency i'd go with the volcano, but the Verdamper is definitely the best for bong smokers or those on a tighter budget.

Doesn't seem to be much price difference, seems the small Verdamper and the classic Volc are about 300 quid each, and the Herbalaire 2.1 about 230 quid......

For what its worth I prefer the volcano over any of the others I've tried. I liked Vinces herbalaire but the hit didn't seem as punchy as the volcano can be,although I dunno if the temps were lower than I run my volcano at.

Not tried the verdamper but don't care too much for bongs so I didn't really entertain the idea, and I too would break bits if there are bits to break :unsure:

I really do love my volcano and the whole bag thing I got used to very quickly, does seem a little weird I guess but I've long since got over that.

So yeah, volcano for me, been dead happy with it in the 18 months I've had it, and I dropped it a couple of times and caused no more than a dent to the outer casing lol

Still love a joint though, don't think that ever goes :stoned:

I've just found a local supplier who can do the Volc Classic for 275 cash!

This is a help in my decision, TBH the Volc is edging ahead, looks a bit sturdier than the HerbalAire, but is it really worth an extra hundred quid?

Gonna make my decision today.

Volc leading at moment...

How long will the 3m of tubing last me?

Monk...x

Not to add confusion but have you thought about the Arizer extreme?

Its got a whip and a bag system and remote control. I've just seen them on sale with free shipping from the states for $299. The cheaper model only has the whip and no RC for $199. Thats a hundred dollars less than they were a year ago.

I've not used one but have seen good reviews of them.

e2a: its got a lifetime guarantee and a battery pack for portability. The more I read the more I want one :stoned:

Edited by THC4METOO

Not to add confusion but have you thought about the Arizer extreme?

Its got a whip and a bag system and remote control. I've just seen them on sale with free shipping from the states for $299. The cheaper model only has the whip and no RC for $199. Thats a hundred dollars less than they were a year ago.

I've not used one but have seen good reviews of them.

Yeah I have considered it, but it's now been pushed off my shortlist, and I can't see why :unsure: best have another look to remind meself.... :stoned:

Ta for further muddying the waters lol

Monk...x

I've had the iolite for nearly a year and would not really reccomend it, its been used a few times for the novelty factor (using it in pubs etc) but when your used to the hit from a Verdamper or Volcano etc. its just too weak, plus after the first few puffs the novelty of sucking a very hot, narrow plastic straw starts to wear off. Nowadays if i need something portable I just take a bud bomb/credit card pipe or preferably a neat joint.

This confirms my experience with the Iolite. It's a great piece of engineering, but at 190 degrees peak temp it simply doesn't release the CBDs that I need to feel stoned...all I get are the mildest of head highs which don't last very long. To compensate, I eat the vaped weed to capture all the rest of the THC/CBD goodness. It takes about 2 hours to come on, but I do get high/stoned properly from doing this.

I think I need a Volc/Verdamper from what you guys are saying. Hmmm....anyone know how to hide a £300 investment from the missus?

Shit just looked at that magic flight one, looks great, specially for portability...

I was INITIALLY looking at something like that, something I could take down the allotment, take fishing etc.....

This water's getting muddier and muddier, might have to look at a Volc, AND a launch box :stoned:

Monk....x

That magic flight launch box looks like a cool little gadget :stoned:

Believe me, it is!!

Great design, amazing stealth abilities (it's tiny), powered by AA rechargeable battery.

Highly recommended.

MrJRW

How long will the 3m of tubing last me?

Depends how often you want to change your bag.I'm a lazy fecker so only change them every 6 weeks or so.It affects the taste a bit but not enough to make me change it more regularly.So a 3m roll ( depending on bag size I'd say you'll get 4-6 bags on a roll ) would probably last me about 6 months. And I use about 100ml of Isoprop to clean the parts every time I do that,again probably about every 6 weeks.