Vaporizer.......

Mad Scientist

Spent the last week or so trying to make a cheep hot air gun vaporizer.

I'm using one with a setting at 400 °C with a spacer to get it cool enough.

My question is:

:dev: Will it be possible to nick a dimmer from a light in the house and use that to adjust the hot air? (adjustable hot air gun is like 90 pound here ! :headpain: !)

I'll post a picture of it later tonight.

I would go with a Fan Speed Controller, making sure that the airgun doesnt exceed the rated wattage of the fan speed controller.

Pick one up for about £20...

i hope you get it sorted cos constant vape at 400 is going to right royally fu*k you up my friend :stoned:

You may as well strap a couch to your arse

Volc

It's strapped on already m8.

But I'm not vapin' at 400 °C i think it's 240 or around there (doesn't burn it... herb gets dark brown)

But its a bit tricky to use with the spacer that gives the hot air time to cool down before it gets to the herb.

The airgun is 1600 watt, gonna have a look in the shops around here for a dimmer, there is combination dimmer/plug things maybe one of those would work.

Mintball thanks for advise about Fan Speed Controller gonna check that out to ..

Well best of luck matey 240 will stil spank you pretty hard but then im going of a volcano which may be slightly more efficient.

Sounds like a mad little diy project, would love to see some pics when its done matey :guitar:

Volc

I like the vulcano allot ! ! But must say i prefer the verdamper though, I think you have faster control with it.

Like smoking in glass, tastes purer i think. Might be imagining that though :guitar:

Post a picture later tonight, cheers ! !

Vaporizing temperature should be between 180C-200C max my friend,have been using eagle bill-very simple and cheap,than used vapir for some time but gave it to my brother as a present

Edited by joba

Keep in mind this is just a temporary solution for no money what so ever.

For trial and error

The bag on the back catches the vapor just like a vulcano.

And the bowl is a cut in half wine bottle

post-6456-1265151954_thumb.jpg

When I've made a god system My plan is to:

1 - Get a nice jar with a thick cork lid

2 - Get some nice glas tubes

3 - Build it

If anyone else built vaporizers please give me some advice......or links.

I know it looks like shit but I been vapin' it for days and it's :doh: loooovley ;)

I'm starting to lean towards using nichrome wire as a heating element.

Anyone know if this would be ok or if it would produce other fumes/vapours?

If it produces other vapours what resistans wire should I use ?

The hot airgun is working ok for now but if i could make something like this i'd be a happy man:

post-6456-1265543113_thumb.jpg

happy for any advise

I know it looks like shit but I been vapin' it for days and it's lol loooovley lol

I guess thats the main thing :rofl:

Sorry dont know the answers to your questions but i admire the gung ho ness of it all

Volc