Wetting Agent

Herbal Kint

I got some Neem oil for thrips but looking its hard to mix with water,so what from a household can i use to help me soften watter..hand soap,some exeact ph off soap or dish washing liquid ? :wink:

Do i need to fulsh it afther? I got plants on 24/7 light becaue off cold ,so i get it down on 18/6 and spray before dark? Can a hand trigered pump/gun be used or i need preasure pump?

Thanks

i ~Believe it has/or best to be un perfumed natural kinda shit.. :wink:

and im sure its just an oil aint it,..so spray gun should be cool.

If you don't have a purpose made wetting agent like yucca extract then maybe some kind of ecological soap like Ecover might do in a pinch but I'd go very easy on it Herbal

Edited by felix_dzerjinski
  • Like 1

I got some Neem oil for thrips but looking its hard to mix with water,so what from a household can i use to help me soften watter..hand soap,some exeact ph off soap or dish washing liquid ? :wink:

Do i need to fulsh it afther? I got plants on 24/7 light becaue off cold ,so i get it down on 18/6 and spray before dark? Can a hand trigered pump/gun be used or i need preasure pump?

Thanks

Forgive my ignorance..... but why would you need a wetting agent? Is this disease/fungal/temp related?

Soz for jumping in ;)

Forgive my ignorance..... but why would you need a wetting agent? Is this disease/fungal/temp related?

Soz for jumping in ;)

its hard to mix oli and water,as oil wil float on surface./no probs. dr G.

as for fungal thats my other concern,i have to kill thrips but have fungus from thrips,and am about to get my lants whole wet with oil/watr mixture over night so i might even hekp fungus to spread even more. :wink:

bizzaro/ok ill alpply it with gun

Felix my friend,languege barier i need a few min to answer with counter quesion.

Edited by Herbal Kint

Felix my friend,languege barier i need a few min to answer with counter quesion.

I know, I know old friend. It always shames me that I have barely mastered English, let alone speaking another one as well :wink: . Take as much time as you need, I'm in no hurry ;)

If you don't have a purpose made wetting agent like yucca extract then maybe some kind of ecological soap like Ecover might do in a pinch but I'd go very easy on it Herbal

Ok no Yucca i needed some time to look for it, but found an store that keeps Ecover personal hygiene products,so i go look for hand soap? Does it need to be liquid or normal? I want to try kill trips asap :)

Just found this for anyone that is interested in how Neem works

:)

Great read Felix thanks,it says basicly i can apply it with usuall watering of plants ,

Oh and found a quote down in link under text

You have to add an emulsifier. (An emulsifier is any substance that makes oil and water mix, e.g. soap, detergent, shampoo.)/i dont quite get this detergent ? :)

Read more: hxxp://www.discoverneem.com/neem-oil-spray.html#ixzz0VivHVpNP

Edited by Herbal Kint

Herbal , it breaks the surface tension of water and allows it to cling/stick/stay on the plants easier instead

of running, dripping , sliding off like water does on a duck's back :)

Good luck

Herbal, if you sprayed ducks with a wetting agent they would get all soggy (don't try it)

and fall out of the sky due to being waterlogged like a wet sponge :wub:

So am better to use spunge? And like dishwash them from bottom up? :)

Ok no Yucca i needed some time to look for it, but found an store that keeps Ecover personal hygiene products,so i go look for hand soap? Does it need to be liquid or normal? I want to try kill trips asap :)

Hi Herbal,

I'd go for a liquid soap, if you can speak to a shop assistant ask them for one that is hypoallergenic and can be used by folk with allergies. That should at least ensure it doesn't have too many extra chemicals in there, according to their website their products are all made from plant based ingredients so that's a good start. Make sure you spray a few test leaves first and observe, just in case the soap isn't suitable.

Good luck my friend :)

Ok no Yucca i needed some time to look for it, but found an store that keeps Ecover personal hygiene products,so i go look for hand soap? Does it need to be liquid or normal? I want to try kill trips asap ;)

Hi Herbal,

I'd go for a liquid soap, if you can speak to a shop assistant ask them for one that is hypoallergenic and can be used by folk with allergies. That should at least ensure it doesn't have too many extra chemicals in there, according to their website their products are all made from plant based ingredients so that's a good start. Make sure you spray a few test leaves first and observe, just in case the soap isn't suitable.

Good luck my friend :yep:

Ok Felix ill go in morning ,say i am alergic and need purest liquid soap they have :wink:

here ya tomorow with resoults!

Thanks bro.

Castile soap it´s a neutral and organic soap that works very well as weting agent.

I use it in my home made garlic fungidice and works wonders.

Peace

Google for "liquid castile soap" with should show you a couple of buying options

If by any chance you have trouble finding a reseller sent me a PM and i will gladly sent you a couple of sites.

Edited by PauloLx

Castile soap it´s a neutral and organic soap that works very well as weting agent.

I use it in my home made garlic fungidice and works wonders.

Peace

Google for "liquid castile soap" with should show you a couple of buying options

If by any chance you have trouble finding a reseller sent me a PM and i will gladly sent you a couple of sites.

Thank you for that mate,we live in two different worlds no castile soap here .Greens dont deliver here so that can give you a view on where i am,however i found a reseller off Ecover so hope i find something liquid and organic there tomorow :wink:

thanks

I use dish soap as a wetting agent, never had a problem

what type? How cum cemicals in it dont burn the plant,or block the pores?