Bud Picture's

groovelick

Ok Iv'e been playing round with my camera for age's now and still can't figure out how to do these.

I figure you got to do it with the manual setting on the camera but which film speed emulation iso 100 200 400 ? does it work best with a black background ie piece of black card, do I set the focal lenght or leave that on automatic basically how the feck do you guy's do it mine allways end up over exposed or suffer from flashback....

ps iam using a sony cybershot 5 meg

Groovelick, thanks!

You have reminded me that I was asked ages ago to put together a simple guide for taking bud photo's. I had completely forgotten until now! :doh!:

I have to got out in a min, but if possible will try and get something done tonight or early tomorrow.

I presume you have a digital camera of some sort?

If so, the automatic settings should be fine. But if you want to play with manual, then try these settings to begin with and take it from there: Shutter speed, 1/160. Aperture, F3.5 or thereabouts. ISO, 100. Make sure to shoot when lights are out, and use flash. I do mine just after the lights go off, but you can also do it just before they go on.

That should get you going.

More later (Please chase me if I forget again)

iso 100 200 400 ?

As the camera is average, iso 100 would be best, you'll probably find if you use 200 + 400 it will add grain & noise to the pictures... Even on my £400 quid cam, 200 iso just looks awful for macro shots.

does it work best with a black background ie piece of black card, do I set the focal lenght or leave that on automatic basically how the feck do you guy's do it mine allways end up over exposed or suffer from flashback....

ps iam using a sony cybershot 5 meg

I've not had this camera, but it probably has a macro option like this symbol 2007-09-17_macro.png which you need to use.

On mine (canon powershot) I found the best shots were used with the aperture settings and shutter settings (both these modes supported macro), play about with these settings, with and without flash.

Another tip... You can use a tripod and the timer option to get shake-free shots, but freehand can also produce excellent shots.

Have fun !!!

Hello,

Use a tripod and turn any oscillating fans of.

Black back ground like a bit of card or i use my grow tent really brings out the colours of the buds.

Use macro mode about 12-18cm away or super macro mode 3-10cm for trichs shots.

Focus the shot up in lots of light i use an enviro 125w.

Put the camera on the timer function.

Turn lights off while the timer is counting down.

Try folding a rizla over the flash to make abit less harsh.

Peace & Light

Mrm :wink:

Will give some of those ago I have the flower symbol thing but it does'nt seem to do owt, as for the manual well that's about as much use as the proverbial chocolate fire guard ive got black card and have given it ago and it does help loads. think I have kinda got it sust out. I have been doing various shot's to go with me diary of me current grow and think iam getting more proficeint at taking them.

Good idea about the rizla mrm I have got one of those silvered tent's and you get horrible flash back with them