"vanishing Lung" Syndrome.

mushroomturtle

I have been reading that some smokers go on to suffer from "vanishing lung".

I believe its something to do with cysts inthe lung caused by holding deep breaths. Anyone know any more on this.Would Be grateful, as i get whitey when i think abut it. thanks... lol

hi mushroomturtle,

it's a form of emphysema (a chronic pulmonary disease which destroys the alveoli - air sacs - in your lungs). In vanishing lung syndrome large air spaces can appear in the lung which may require surgery to remove.

here's a link

It's one of the downsides to smoking, but the risks can be reduced (use a filter) or pretty much eliminated if you use a vapouriser.

Thanks Labrat.

been vaping for a few weeks now so thats good to hear. I wonder though if the hot air from vapourisers is bad for throat or lungs.

regards..

Edited by mushroomturtle

What you vaping mushroomturtle? I am having trouble sticking with the vape and keep smoking joints and am wondering if I'd have better luck with a couch-lock variety. Currently smoking Durban Poison. Bronchitis was my wake up call a couple of years ago but I put the phone down and went back to sleep. :spliff::(

cheers BN

Thanks Labrat.

been vaping for a few weeks now so thats good to hear. I wonder though if the hot air from vapourisers is bad for throat or lungs.

regards..

Do you have any problems that has brought on this concern?

I only vape and have had a slight wheeze in my chest that I have only noticed the last month or so.

Obviously paranoia :spliff: kicks in for us and I remembered that vanishing lung syndrome too. I wonder if the anti drugs propaganda has affected me :(

I only have a crappy vapouriser and too wonder if I am allowing the air to become too hot.

Do you have any problems that has brought on this concern?

I only have a crappy vapouriser and too wonder if I am allowing the air to become too hot.

I find that i have a little pain when i breathe deeply the following day. this goes if i lay off totally for a week or so, but returns the day after i go back on the vape. I just wonder why this is if it is meant to be so much less harmfull than smoking. maybe because tha lungs have to strain a little pulling the steam through thin tubing? the other annoying thing i get from the cheap vaporiser(glass) is ulcers under the tongue. can't work out if this is just coincidence though.maybe the heat. seriously considering an eating only way of ingestion. pissing me off all this. really can ruin a good buzz. might google a bit to see what damage hot air does. let me know if you uncover anything. another boring week off for me....... :(

mushroomturtle, maybe it IS the sucking that is hurting your lungs... I made my own vape by using a glass jam jar for the chamber, I use the chamber like a shottie, I unscrew it a bit and suck up the vapes as the air enters. when I don't do that it does hurt somewhat from the pull.

How long you been smoking? Maybe your lungs need to ... slough off dead crud ;) i.e. recover a bit from smoking and thats why they hurt?

Are you still vaping? I gave up as I wasn't getting enough of a stone to satisfy lol when I grow some killer couchlock I want to get back on it.

cheers, BN

Edited by BridesNightie

How long you been smoking?  Maybe your lungs need to ... slough off dead crud :ninja: i.e. recover a bit from smoking and thats why they hurt?

Are you still vaping?  I gave up as I wasn't getting enough of a stone to satisfy :yinyang: when I grow some killer couchlock I want to get back on it.

cheers, BN

BN, been smoking for 15 years so there is probably grime to remove.interesting that you also get pain on difficult pulling, i breathe a sigh of relief! sticking with the vape religiously as i'm very health conciou these days. definitely need to use strong herb in them tough, especially if , like the cheap glass one, the chamber is small. a double dose normally satisfies though. the taste is so much better, i think as it should be. all the best....

Edited by mushroomturtle