Tattoos

kriss

no its just really bright.the guys skin loves the ink and it stands out well

uv can be done but its not quite there . bit messy

• 3 weeks later...

Not the best of tattoo's by any means.

If you look at the pic, the lines are all blown out which is either due to running the needle too deep into the skin, either via pressure or too much thrown on the needle also could be down to using lining ink which has gone stale and requires remixing, or even, the mistake of using shading black rather than lining.

There is also a lack of definition which is down to the way it has been shaded, the light spots are not consistant which gives it too much of a cartoonie feel, although if this is what was aimed for, then its nearly there, mines the bad bits above.

Actually, looking at it, its a coverup of an older version of the same thing, is it not? This may explain some of the line issues, but still doesn't explain the multiple light sources which confuse the piece.

All2pot - the Brian Sewell of tattoos :cheers:!

My gripe with it is a litle simpler - theres too much going on! As the years go by and the lines spread, that'll just end up a blurred mushy version of it's old self.

Though having said that - as its a cover up then you've done pretty well! Coverups are shite, its advisable to fork out for one session of laser removal to lighten the old tat and give you more scope for a better coverup.

The wider thick outline would be coz as said the tattoo is 20 years old and old ink spreads slightly.so u gotta work with what u got nothing too do with going to deep.can't see it too well got a shit monitor the colours look quite bright was it starbrite ink?.

Man......aren't you ever cheery about anything!

Indeed, im cheery about most things, I just choose not be cheery if there is a reason to warrant being so.

As for the "Brian Sewell" :yep:, im not an art critic by any means, but i do know the difference between good and bad tattoo's, i've seen and delt with enough of them.

The wider thick outline would be coz as said the tattoo is 20 years old and old ink spreads slightly.so u gotta work with what u got nothing too do with going to deep.can't see it too well got a shit monitor the colours look quite bright was it starbrite ink?.

I did mention that it could well be from the previous tattoo after misreading the OP.

What would have been a better option is to have gone with thicker outlines and darker shading/shadowing around the outside which would have allowed you to use light better in the piece including more detail in the leaf and pipe. Its not a shit tattoo by any means, but it could have been a lot better.

• 2 months later...

Nice enuff re-do, does the job nicely i thought .. old tattos are hard to redo, blurred old lines can sorta be cartooned/sculpted but itll never be great .. old colour tends to make the new colour sorta muddy lookin too . .

kriss - your missis been tattooing long ? ?

Whats the little dangleberry just below the bowl? :) Is it a bit of curlywurly or could it be a bit a little lump of hash

Edited by catnap

• 4 months later...

My bro does all my tattoo's although I've no weed tattoo's one of my recent ones was freehand weed smoking inspired!! :wink: