Terence Mckenna

andypotatoes

I don't know if you guys listen to a lot of Terrance Mckenna, but this is a nice listen for a lazy Sunday morning..

Have a good smoke, and crank up the speakers.. :B):

hxxp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2395498051948678069

• Like 1

What the hell was he talking like that for? I don't get what the audio clip was meant to be other than trippy (but kinda cool in itself I suppose)

He sounds like a wacko in this, makes me question my judgement in giving him some credence, but that would perhaps be an ad hominem argument

it was wicked, id like to add this quickie...

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Mckenna was my hallucinogen guru as a teenager. Had all his books (this was before the internet lol information wasn't as easy to find back then), still do somewhere in the stacks of books cluttering up my flat lol he was my introduction to the world of tryptamines :notworthy:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, botanics said:

Don't know much about tripping but the man's observations are bang on in my view :yep:

I have listened to a lot of TM and I am a big fan, he was very intelligent there is no doubt. I like Alan Watts better and I believe Alan Watts was an inspiration for TM but they both have their strengths (and no weakness!) AW is more philosophy and religion TM is more drugs and humanity I like both

This is as good as a TM lecture gets, I posted it last week in another thread just listen to what he says!

• Like 5

@Davey Jones

Alan Watts mate is something else and I'll always be gratefull to you for introducing him to me..I've listened to a few of his talks over the last few months and I gotta be honest like, it's unbeliveable as to how knows what I'm thinking, yeah man a guy to sit and listen to for sure.

• Like 1

@botanics

When you realise he died in the 70s (1973) and a lot of the stuff he is sayinmg was said in the 1950s FFS how far ahead of you time can you be. The fact AW has an enormous fan base 45 years after he died speaks volumes

Heres a little statistic for you

I read that Terence McKenna was born on November 16th, 1946, and thought it'd be nice to take mushrooms in his honor. A few days later I read, that November 16th, 1973, was the day Alan Watts died. Then I saw a documentary about LSD, only to be reminded, that it was first synthezised on November 16th, 1938. That was weird

I think I listened to too much lol , I always have the Radio on one PC and AW on another and just listen as I am working away with brief pauses to reflect or laugh at the concepts its unbelievably profound, his knowledge of science its incredible

Listening to these two when your tripping is incredible, it makes so much sense, the Zen lectures especially I dont know why and it might just be me but it makes so much more sense even after you come down

You should consider tripping @botanics, you are the person I think would benefit from an acid trip more than anyone I know of both online and in real life, this is for definite

:yinyang:

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...