Cardiological Weed

Spock

8 1/2 years ago, I had 5 (yes, five) cardiac arteries bypassed - what my surgeon calls a "Yeltsin". Now that the angina has returned and I am slowing down terribly, I am back on beta blockers, nitrates and statins.

I had an echo cardiogram the other day. Fascinating to watch your own heart inside and out! Better than a baby scan, even. Especially as the old muscle which has served me well for 60 years, seems in good shape. For the medics: some evidence of ischaemia but no serious damage.

I have just started taking an ACE inhibitor which, together with the rest of the pharmacopaeia, produces chronic nausea :yinyang: .

It will be no surprise to any of you that weed improves the yuk.

What's more, by refocussing me as the Divine Herb has done for four decades, it even stops my bedtime angina without recourse to GTN and its concommitent headache!

I have seen very little postive in the literature about cannabis and ischaemic heart disease. In fact, most opinion seems to be against it. Anybody out there with any thoughts or personal experiences.

Regards

Simon