Does Consuming Cannabis Regularly Destroy Esprit De Corp?

Randalizer

I recall a study somewhere saying that dogs, when given cannabis regularly, tend to fall away from pack behavior. I wonder if cannabis allows one to stay away from things like hero worship, putting aside ones well being for another or for a group, etc.

Something else I think a bout a lot.

I think cannabis opens up your eye's to the stupidity of the ideologies, it allows you to see things like religion and idolizing as the result of unchecked mob mentality.

Edited by KKaeser

I wonder if cannabis allows one to stay away from things like hero worship, putting aside ones well being for another or for a group, etc.

Dunno about that. Putting aside ones well being for another ? I'd call that, I dunno, caring. Herb certainly doesn't keep me away from that.

Guest grandad

we are all individuals in ourselves. when i used to take drugs and spent time with mates we had harmony, untill an individual started to use different drugs than the others, harmoney became confused. i use no other drugs other than cannabis legal or illegal. i care greatly about others, but i prefer my own company. +

. i care greatly about others, but i prefer my own company. +

:):P

Dunno about that. Putting aside ones well being for another ? I'd call that, I dunno, caring. Herb certainly doesn't keep me away from that.

it's seems to be a tricky thang as it can be compassion when you risk your life to save another. Although it is generally taught; as rescuers never to put your life in danger to save another. Then most likely you have two dead people instead of one.

I was thinking more along the line of how the military and other police type authorities, have their people put aside their personal feelings in order to fulfill military objectives. You put aside your sense of taking care of yourself, in a broad sense, when you run into battle.

For God And Country!

Does canna make that not a stirring cry anymore?

Edited by Randalizer

I think cannabis opens up your eye's to the stupidity of the ideologies, it allows you to see things like religion and idolizing as the result of unchecked mob mentality.

+1

I have recently been forming a conclusion that the state of humanity is the result of "unchecked mob mentality"

Also, fuck comparing humans to dogs.

+1

I have recently been forming a conclusion that the state of humanity is the result of "unchecked mob mentality"

Yeah no need to insult dogs :spliff:

For God And Country!

Does canna make that not a stirring cry anymore?

I certainly hope so - although I always thought that cry to be a load of old bollocks, didn't need weed to tell me that :spliff: Its an offence both to religion and nationalism, both of which generally claim a degree of exclusiveness and call for undivided loyalty. A pox on 'em both!

that would explain a lot of things. even when an individual has misgivings about the mobs actions, fear of peer pressure, or being singled out and pushed away from the safety of the group reinforces the behaviour too.

who said, "the best thing a patriot can do for the good of their country is to shoot themselves in the head"? think it may have been thomas jefferson, or washington. the enlightened founding principles of the usa seem to be sadly long gone.

Edited by mokum777

Oh? Why? :stoned: Pack mentality is a charachteristic that happens in man species of animals, including humans.

Oh? Why? :unsure: Pack mentality is a charachteristic that happens in man species of animals, including humans.

Totally.

I used to drink a fair bit, then quit but still drove mates from pubs to clubs etc..

and from a sober perspective you can totally see the pack/mob mentality, as you stand back and watch the behaviour of all the pub/club goers.

In fight situations, (fight watching on a friday/saturday night used to be a favorite pastime of mine), just replace any words they use with the noises apes and monkeys make when doing the same.

It does make you realise that people are essentially animals, and are subject to the same irrational inbuilt impulses when put in a given situation.

I can't find the links now but, Israel smuggling in tonnes of hashish to egypt so their soldiers/young people won't fight is an old story but i think essentially true. (not just Israel, and not just this century)

Hashish can create appathy, and this would be a perfect "weapon" to use on the "enemy" if you are wanting people to question what they/their government etc is doing. That seems to me to be a main factor in cannabis's illegality.

Governments know (fear) that if everyone were to partake in some yummy hash, then more people would start to question what the hell world governments are doing! (more so that they do just now anyway)

I don't think it completly kills your spirit, but can make you think "whats the point" a hell of a lot. Not in a depressed way "Whats the point?". But more of a real opening of ones thirst for knowledge, how things work, why things work, why things are the way they are etc...

Edited by ritchtbiscuit

actually, i agree with you rand about being pack animals. and we are a disgrace to all other animals.

in my experience cannabis enhances my perceptions of the true comradely and fellowship with my fellow humans and all other creatures. turned on i talk to animals like fuckn dr. doolittle. and when medicating myself, when alone in nature, i will hug the odd tree.

i feel normal when high on good cannabis. i tune into my environment more intensely ( hackney alert for the whole post. sorry, stress) and feel connected to everything, unified, atonemented. so rand, i think in my case for sure, cannabis facilitates true righteous esprit de corp which term id replace with fellowship.

gen :unsure:

actually, i agree with you rand about being pack animals. and we are a disgrace to all other animals.

in my experience cannabis enhances my perceptions of the true comradely and fellowship with my fellow humans and all other creatures. turned on i talk to animals like fuckn dr. doolittle. and when medicating myself, when alone in nature, i will hug the odd tree.

i feel normal when high on good cannabis. i tune into my environment more intensely ( hackney alert for the whole post. sorry, stress) and feel connected to everything, unified, atonemented. so rand, i think in my case for sure, cannabis facilitates true righteous esprit de corp which term id replace with fellowship.

gen :)

Hashish can create appathy, and this would be a perfect "weapon" to use on the "enemy" if you are wanting people to question what they/their government etc is doing. That seems to me to be a main factor in cannabis's illegality.

;):yep:

herd is good for raising a-frames or helping your neighbor to get their crops in ...but can also be easily manipulated to terrible ends

'...they say it make ya rebel ...against What?'

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

as you can see from the 'the marijuana machine' at 4:12 when the morlocks sound the fear alarm, the man is immune to its hypnotic calling, obviously hes medicated on thc and but he doesn't have enough to go round everyone

I'd say no.

More than a few nights of 5/6 mates all descending on a friends house to get stoned as fuck and play games or watch movies, and do the 1am garage run together. Very pack like.