• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Weedio

• FAI

• toastedsuppy

• Sheeps

no problems on the indoors smoking front then? nice to hear, i'm goin over in september for my mates wedding.

It's actually quite laughable. To be honest i was stunned by the amount of people i saw putting tobacco in joints, i thought it was a British thing but it must be wholly european. Just don't make it obvious and you won't have any problems.

Yeah i had a great time but i don't know if i'll go back. Maybe Mastricht or Rotterdam or i hear Zandford/Xanford? is nice. :yinyang:

About Damprking, i wouldn't jump to conclusions. I won't be back, but that's about the overall way he seemed with us. Maybe i was too stoned and talking awfully, maybe he was having a bad day. Who knows.

Forgot - no probs with pre-trip report Weedio.......I try to pass on any useful info, as it can be so easy to waste money over there.

Did you have a smoothie in Greenhouse Effect, or were you just in the bar next door after purchase?

We had a great appt with them on our last visit....you get to use the vip area in the bar on evenings too :spliff:

Which Dampkring did you get the shitty service at.......Ocean's12 job on Hoogstraat or the one on Haarlemmersraat??

Haarlem is totally recmmended....the Indica is my fave shop there....the Jack is usually on the menu, it always tastes a bit cheezy to me?? But good.

They used to do Tibliza and bubblegum hash there too, which were awesome.....but sadly no more.

It is very expensive now though these days......think I might be looking to Morocco or Spain for my next adventure.

ATB :guitar:

I sat at the window, i didn't have a smoothie no but i have on previous visits.

I've visited Morocco many moons ago, hash is easy to find but you can't get the selection.

Does spain have a coffeeshop scene?

Edited by Weedio

Great report Weedio, its gonna help me loads when i go in 8 days :wassnnme:

what were your top 5 coffeeshops? im gonna try and avoid the shit places if i remember them all, dont wanna waste my hard earned cash

and what are the chinkys like over there? i have to order takeaway in every place i go to

Weedio,

Spain doesn't have a coffeeshop scene, but things there are very relaxed.

The guy who owns the WW shops in Haarlem (Nol Van Schaik) has set up something in Spain.....check his hempcity website for more details.

ATB

Great report Weedio, its gonna help me loads when i go in 8 days :P

what were your top 5 coffeeshops? im gonna try and avoid the shit places if i remember them all, dont wanna waste my hard earned cash

and what are the chinkys like over there? i have to order takeaway in every place i go to

Top 5 were probably;

Willie Wortel's Indica in Haarlem - just awesome man, quiet and friendly and comfy. Great weed too!

Birdys in Haarlem - as willie wortels.

Grey Area - Grass is superb, tiny shop though so getting a seat is a nightmare, but if you do tunes etc. are just perfect.

Amnesia - Friendly staff, volcano's etc, loads of seats right on the canal, right round the corner from Grey Area aswell. (their NYCD is the bomb)

Rokerij down by the liedsplein - Comfy as shit, great atmosphere, didn't try anything on the menu here but it was an awesome shop to chill in before we headed down to Vondelpark.

Incidentally, i would advise buying weed and heading to Vondelpark if it's sunny. Most coffeeshops have the whats on guide in them and the open air stage is near the entrance near liedsplein. When we were there some band were blaring voilins and guitar, was rather awesome but too loud for my greyberry'ed ass to handle. Sitting 150m or so away from it though it was beautiful.

Lovely park if i don't say so myself :rofl: .

Edited by Weedio

Sorry to hear about your bad experience in Dampkring, always been one of my most trusted places. I am curious as to which one it was, as the Handboogstraat one (and tweede kamer round the corner) always weigh it to order, and in my experience it's usually a little over. The staff can be dicks sometimes though, but I've always put that down to it being a busy place and them having to deal with a lot of stoned indecisive tourists.

Def agree with you on the Vondelpark strategy. TBH I've lost interest in sitting in Coffeeshops now. Much nicer to sit in a park or just wander round stoned.

Errrm, it was .. middle of the city?

It was at the end of a street, down a small side street. :unsure:

I know this doesn't help, you walked in and it was decorated insanely, bud-tender at the back left as you are facing it, bar on left aswell.

Dunno if that helps.

As i say he could of been having a bad day, go in and see for yourself but be weary!

Great report Weedio..

Very useful as I'm going for my 2nd visit this year, in a couple of weeks.. always stop at Grey Area, but great to know some of the others you liked... Going to get myself some of that Blueberry from 36 on arrival.. umm

:yinyang:

I agree Dampkring was not great when I went in Feb. also.. not sure why it is so highly rated.. seems to not be the same as it once was...

B) Thanx for all that great info was in the Dam last year for 6 hours and it was soooo good am going back in September and ur list of coffee shops will help me find my way round :yinyang:

Guest nu jerzey devil

great round up of your trip

I stayed in zandvoort for 2 month and worked in Haarlem, I used to wonder about the coffee shops at lunch time it was amazing far better than the DAM

Zandvoort was also good it only had 2 coffee shops 1 of them did this great weed called Mary Crystal it was the best one I smoked in the 2 month there, I did nt like dam cos its too touristy I mean the Grasshopper says it all :headpain:

I found the small town coffee shops actually gave you what you asked for (bud type and weight) The quality was always good as they cant sell shit to locals.

The touristy coffee shops of the dam: Your lucky to get bud nevermind good stuff or correct weight its worse than going to the dealers down the street here

Edited by nu jerzey devil