Potency!

BenDoverUK

Hi Ot1!

If i get a matal halide bulb for my 250w setup and use it alongside my 600w Hps will i gain any increase in potency?

The 600w Hps is a growlux bulb, so i think reading what you have said i'll get a son-t, as i have had the bulb now for 12 months and it is due for replacement.

Hydro ;)

As I said including a metal halide will help a plant express its genetic potential more fully. How much change is down to the genetics of the plant.

Although I don’t reckon on on blue enhanced bulbs that much. Its 90% light output point is round the 12000 hrs mark. Thats a thousand days of daily use, or 3 years. I would carry on with it and just supplement with your 250w.

Cheers Ot!

I'll give it a go!

I'me posting some pics in the problem solver and was wondering if you could cast your highly knowledgeble eye over them and tell me whats wrong with them!

Thanks!

Hydro :smoke:

• 1 month later...

OT1 - Well suppose one were to have fou plants part way through flowering in a ScrOG under a 400W son-t-agro in a 2'x2' box - If one were to have a MH conversion bulb - would it be worth swapping it into the cabinet for the remainder of the flowering?

Cheers

I have a similar question, i will have 4 lights in my growroom when i am flowering, is it worth having 2 mh and 2 sodium then? i was going to just have 4 sodiums..

son-t-agro (blue enhanced) & MH believe I have read on a post a ratio of 2 HSP to 1 MH (2:1) is the common mix to go for.

This is what I am aiming for in my 2nd succesful grow. correct me if inaccurate.

Nitramkram I’ll repeat this yet again don’t buy son-t-agro/growlux/planta they produce inferior yield to standard son-t-plus lamps.

[]D [] []v[] []D why don’t you try replacing one of your lamps with a mh and compare the potency of the bud produced where you are getting mixed light with the bud produced with just sodium.

tar ot, i would but it might be hard to tell as every gorw im doing so much is changing (in fact the whole lot!) but ill definatly do it if i ever do 2 grows with the same system.

Edited by []D [] []v[] []D