Harm Reduction, what does it mean to you!!!!!!

bubbleman

Hello there all, this is my first post in this comunity, which was sent to me as a link from a local member at www.overgrow.com . I figured i would make a thread that has merit in any medical cannabis forum. THe words harm reduction have been spoken by many a cannabis activist especialy when in regards to the smoking of it. When compared to alcohol, or drugs like cocaine or heroin, sure smoking cannabis is harm reduction, comparably. but for a med user, who is not normaly a smoker of any substances. Someone who merely wants to take advantage of the cannabinoid profile that cannabis offers, for their particular ailment. I was a chronic cannabis smoker for many years, but have now graduated up into the world of the hashashin's. SMoking pure hashish resin will clear out your mind in a way that nothing else i have ever experienced. YOu smoke much smaller amounts of resin as well. It took me awhile to figure out that realy all that people smoke cannabis for is in the glandular head of the glandular trichome. The stalks and other fragments of trichome are inactive and have no medicinal profile. It wasnt until water hash came to be that i had ever smoked resin of such purity.I was amazed at how the glandular heads would sink in the water and everything else would float. I had found my calling.

Can you imagine the difference between smoking two or three joints a day to smoking two or three hits  of hash a day? this to me is harm reduction. And of course if you dont want to burn it you can vaporize it. wel why not just vaporize the buds you ask. The hash itself has a very unique and very strong buzz that comes along with smoking it pure. YOu would never get the same high from just vapoing buds.

If there are any med people out there that want to experiment with water hash, all you need is a pickle jar, some ice , water and a coffee filter. ITs that easy> Just stir with a spoon the ice water and buds or leaf trim, all together, and let settle. THe materials ie, the leaf or bud, will float, while the potent resin heads will sink. Its not the best quality way to do this but it will give you the idea to do more research. THe best part about it is that you can do it at your home, safely and effectively with the right tools.

Anyway just thought i'd throw down a little bit of water hash knowledge and find out what you guys think of it in regards to harm reduction. have any of you smoked it. known as ice hash in amsterdam? let me know. peace

bubble man

welcome bubbleman to the community "bud" ;)

if you are the same bubbleman who has produced the tasty balls of bubblehash on O.G then much respect goes to you :thumbs:

i am going to experiment with your little tip as i have just harvested and have been wanting to try ice hash for a while ,i guess i will just have to make my own  :sarcasm:

once again peace and welcome

the d.o.c

;)

Higha Bubbleman, and thanks for the posting - good work!

I do, from time to time, make some ice-hash, from the tim and small budettes plus a bid of primo bud chucked in for good measure. Its a treat indeed! However, as I only grow for self-sufficiency, and as I like to smoke all day [one of the few remaining friends of tobacco here], I stick with the buds. Once they change the law, though [and that is looking more and more likely], then it will be all systems go go go.....

:mad:

Hi Bubbleman

I've never made hash in that way, but i have long been a proponent of smoking less but more powerful hash. I have always mabe my own first by putting buds and stuff in a tub and which is attached to another, seperated by a silk screen. Then i just shake and i collect a fine grade hash. I have even snorted this like its snuff. I havent done it for ages but i am sure it works. The next grade is made by  rolling buds over screens, and a third grade is made from the waste which is returned to the tub and shaken again. All of this i press with a g clamp to make my own flat press. Mmm nice! A single and very small hit of this through my pipe or hubbly, i've never smoked tobacco, sorts me out just right! Minimal amount of smoke, cleaned and cooled in water. Being asthmatic this is important to me. On that note, i have used this to actually stop an astma attack. It really is a very good bronchial dilator.

Anyway, nuff said

Chip

Hey there the d.o.c.

i am indeed the bubble man from overgrow that has put up those tasty photos of succulent hash chunks, hehehehe, stay tuned for more daily!!!!!

hey arnold layne, i hear ya mon, i wish it were more economical to make bubble with bud. People are constantly calling me insane for doing so, i am hoping once it gets decrimed everyone will do it and i will not be seen as such a nutter. hahahaha

Hey chip, your a rager arent ya mate, i can feel it in ya. may the full melt clear dome bubble bless your hubbly or what ever!!!!

peace

bubble man ;)

hi mate

Did not see you there ooopps  ;)

Welcome to the Sunny Spot of a British Gardening.  :D

C U Laters

Bongme

:peace:  on ya mate

Hey bongme no worries, i kinda snuck in hehehehehe, anyway, may your bong be filled with full melt hash, clear dome and all.

peace

bubble man ;)

Hi Bubbleman

I've just been reading an article in this months Red Eye Express about bubble hash made with Bubble Bags.

Sounds good.

Is there a UK stockist of these things and are they any better than Mila's Iceolator ?

Hey joolz, right on man,  that is my first ever published article. I also took the photo of that glow in the dark piece of bubble hash at the start of the article. How did you find the article, informative?

As for a uk stock, i had been selling to mr gypsy nirvana, but he has not ordered for awhile, i do however send them any where in the world with express mail. Best bet is to send him an email requesting them, and he will order.

As for ici o lator's, they are a great system for beginners, but you quickly graduate and want a system that offers more control, the extra bags of bubble bags are currently the only system in the world that offers the control of filtering out contaminants as well as collecting heads right down to 25u in size.All in all, what ever way you make hash, as long as your final product is melting and bubbling you know you did it right. peace

bubble man :oldtoker:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I grow for self-sufficency too,and keep all my leaf/bud trim to "ice" up.Invested in ice filter bags when last in Dam & it has paid off,I ice all my "wastage",washing off & filtering the trichomes.Its a litte treat now every time I crop.Im off to Dam for a couple of days next week,cant wait to sample some of the finest!

• 2 weeks later...

A cunningly disguised advert there bubbleman but that's cool, you've got a good product and an eager market :)

However, as I only grow for self-sufficiency, and as I like to smoke all day [one of the few remaining friends of tobacco here], I stick with the buds

Are we related Arnold?  ;)

I wouldn't have thought so M8, although having had a look at your "homepage" I think we could enjoy some really very interesting discussions!!

Are you really 99?

Makes me feel quite young!

:)

No, only 31, but sometimes I feel like I'm 99 cos I've packed a lot in ;)

Ah, the National Secular society, truly wonderful people

Try also TPM online and British Humanist Association, currently featuring an article on relativism by my favourite contemporary philosopher, Simon Blackburn.

If you're down South West way at all perhaps we can meet up in Taunton when WHSplliff opens up and bore each other silly?  :)

Edit: ah, I see you're up t'north.  Ah well, my sis lives in Leeds and I'm overdue a visit sometime, is that north enough?

Great list of interests BTW, I love cooking (vege food) and drinking copious amounts of nice wine too :)

If you're on your way to Leeds you pass within striking range! PM me if you're there and we'll meet up if poss!

Warning: Degree in Theology, Ordained in a mainline Denomination. Not religious, however - but open to all metaphysics and esoteria! Favourite philosopher? Hmmm, Athanasius?