Macro beginner

widowman11

These are all taken on a canon eos 450d with macro lense and extension tubes

post-28936-1233095345_thumb.jpg

Also would like to thank hipignosis for a point in the right direction with some equipment :wassnnme:

These are only taken earlier when i was figuring out how to use the equipment so not perfect :headpain:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• widowman11

• djay

• Jackberry

• Abe Froman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 450d but mine look much better than that with no macro lense just the 18-55mm lens that came with it.

Which cannon macro lens is that ???

post-9985-1233096432_thumb.jpg

Edited by djay

It's a f2.5 50 mm, yeah i had good results with the standard lense too, these are a little closer, but it's really hard to use the manual focus as the af doesn't work with the extension tubes

It's a f2.5 50 mm, yeah i had good results with the standard lense too, these are a little closer, but it's really hard to use the manual focus as the af doesn't work with the extension tubes

what you really need is the 100mm lens which is what im going to buy i guess.

I would try it with the tubes off and see what you get in a better lit condition.

Just noticed i've got a fuckin sticky finger prtnt inside my lense :wassnnme: Will try again tomorrow when i've more time and get better lighting

Will do djay, what do you do to resize pics mate? Also what you find is the best setting for taking bud shots? I just spend ages fuckin playing around getting nowhere lol

looking good, esp. this one and it's sister

post-32939-1233096764_thumb.jpg

the flash technique takes a bit of getting used to, i found a bit of paper to redirect it helped a little, but if you can remove it ,or plug a remote one in , then all the better.

Edited by Tremont-Salby

Will do djay, what do you do to resize pics mate? Also what you find is the best setting for taking bud shots? I just spend ages fuckin playing around getting nowhere lol

I use adobe photo shop cs4 extended m8.

Check these out they were done with a 10x lens cap added onto my 3.2 mega pixel Fuji camera , i was expecting macro shoots to look like this easily.

post-9985-1233097504_thumb.jpg