Covers better than originals

infidell

Hi All

I remember posting this topic in another forum a while back and it turning into an all out flame war, but im sure that wont happen here :unsure:

Anyway, as title poses, can you think of a cover version of a song that was better than the original?

To get the ball rolling i always thought that most of the covers done by Hendrix were better, eg

All Along The Watchtower

Born Under a Bad Sign

Catfish Blues

Hey Joe

Hoochie Coochie Man

Mannish Boy

Rock Me Baby

Wild Thing

Also some Johnny Cash covers:

If you could read my mind and It Ain't Me Babe

Respect - Aretha Franklin's is far better than the Otis original, imho

Agree/Disagree?

Any others?

Please be nice :toot:

;)

• Like 1

Mike Flowers - Wonderwall

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Richard Cheese - Gin and Juice

I'll get me coat :unsure:

Louie Louie..

The kingsmen version was much better than the original (the who?)

The rammstein cover of aqua's barbie girl is much better too..

In fact a few of rammstein's songs are covers of Kraftwerk songs, and all better IMO.

Johnny Cash's Rusty Cage was better than the original soundgarden version but Jeff Buckley's version of Satisfied Mind is much better than johnny's.

Three Dead Trolls In A Baggie's cover of Baz Luhrmann's sunscreen song was far, far better.

E2A: :unsure::toot: i love richard cheese LMAO

Edited by CaptainStoner

Louie Louie..

Surely the Kingsmen's is the original, or earliest known version?

Jeff Buckley's version of (Leonard Cohen's) Hallelujah:

Fuck i cant believe i forgot to mention Tia Carrere's cover of Ballroom Blitz - i think it was The Sweet that did that originally, but her version from Wayne's World kicks the original into oblivion

e2a: ninorc.. i meant.. the one re-released in the late 90s was better than the original.. not sure who did it either time around.. and jeff's hallleujah is a FANTASTIC song.. one of my favourites

Edited by CaptainStoner

Louie Louie..

The rammstein cover of aqua's barbie girl is much better too..

In fact a few of rammstein's songs are covers of Kraftwerk songs, and all better IMO.

Johnny Cash's Rusty Cage was better than the original soundgarden version but Jeff Buckley's version of Satisfied Mind is much better than johnny's.

Three Dead Trolls In A Baggie's cover of Baz Luhrmann's sunscreen song was far, far better.

E2A: :yep:lol i love richard cheese LMAO

dude the who didnt do the original,was an old skool black gospel guy.cant remember his name now.

Guest Tyler.Durden

Oasis - I am The Walrus(live). :wink:

Micheal Stipe And Coldplay - In The Sun. B)

Edited by Tyler.Durden

(not better, just also good)

Squarepusher - love will tear us apart

Almost anything reworked by Kruder and dorffmeister

RHCP - castles made of sand

Sublime - doin' time

slayers cover of in a gadda da vidda, originally by iron butterfly is better. it lacks the horrible, lengthy drum solo and pretty much sticks to the heavy riffing.