Stars

Just to put into perspective for anyone who didn't know.. This is how big stars can be :!:

800px-Sun_and_VY_Canis_Majoris.svg.png

What does everyone think about this? Personally to me, it makes any of my problems seem completely insignificant which can be a good thing.

good gracious I feel tiny now :blub:

Maybe you need to spend some time with our friends the electrons...? :blub:

I like to play this when things need putting in perspective...

Always makes me grin :blub:

TBC :blub:

Ed: to correct silly spelling mistake, and to change the vid for one that hasn't got the next sketch tagged on the end! lol

Edited by The Bush Chemist

most excellent! The best part of the whole movie and perhaps any movie anywhere. :blub:

Item two on the agenda very neatly sums up my perspective on spirituality. As well as the accompanying distractions.

Edited by Randalizer

most excellent! The best part of the whole movie and perhaps any movie anywhere. :blub:

Item two on the agenda very neatly sums up my perspective on spirituality. As well as the accompanying distractions.

Have to agree, quite a large portion of that movie sucked giant hairy elephant balls! Most certainly the best part of the movie, probably the only reason I watch it, the life of brian on the other hand is a masterpiece! lol

TBC :blub:

Just to put into perspective for anyone who didn't know.. This is how big stars can be :blub:

Those are the biggest & brightest stars and are truly mind boggling, but if you really wanna fizzle your brain think about the heaviest things in the universe. Imagine the mass of one of those stars crammed into the size of a pea?

In terms of mass, one of the most amazing structures in the universe is theGreat Attractor

This is comprised mostly of dark matter, but has the mass of tens of thousands of milky ways, even our entire galaxy of 200 billion stars is a lightweight by comparison. The Great Attractor is so heavy its pulling our galaxy towards it at over 2 million miles per hour even though its 250 million lightyears away!

good gracious I feel tiny now :D

Maybe you need to spend some time with our friends the electrons...? :g:

Now my world has gone all fractal and I've lost sense of scale! far out :wink:

One of my favourite songs of all time, defo in my top five. It kinda puts it all into perspective, as does the fact that it's estimated that if you counted every grain of sand on every beach on planet Earth, there would still be more stars than that in the Universe.

Edited by Baba Ku

One of my favourite songs of all time, defo in my top five. It kinda puts it all into perspective, as does the fact that it's estimated that if you counted every grain of sand on every beach on planet Earth, there would still be more stars than that in the Universe.

Baba, I've never heard that before but I for sure like it, I'll bust it out in my next heavy contemplating the universe sesh I have.

I like to play this when things need putting in perspective...

great song

Makes you feel so insignificant, doesn’t it? :rolleyes: