Recycled sculpture

Hughie Green

A horse sculpture called 'Atlantis' made from fallen Dartmoor oak by artist Heather Jansch

in London Zoo

post-11177-1212074409_thumb.jpg

There's a similar sculpture at the Eden Centre in Cornwall by the same artist, they are fabulous pieces of art work.

WoodenHorseRS.jpg

woah, shes great! thanks hughie...

reminded me of these, though a bit different

noblewebster2.jpg

art, eh? crazy stuff...

:smug:

Guest dr rockster

That horse is beautiful. :wink:

I thought the pic on the left Tsk was a representation of the inside of Tracy Emins head till I saw the shadows behind. :smug:

• 3 weeks later...

wow its so cool to see the work on this site i work for heather jansch making these sculptures was checking the publicity on our last piece atlantis which is on exibition at london zoo and it lead me to this site which is right up my street!! :)! check out the website if you like the work its www.heatherjansch.com

we have open studios in september where the studio and grounds are open to the public is a great afternoon out!!

take care all

peace!!!

I remember going to the eden project not long after it opened,about June 2001?,and being blown away by this type of sculpture,not sure if it was by Heather Jansch though?.

I got so inspired :smoke: we used to beachcomb at night looking for odd bits of driftwood to recreate,when we got home,our Jack Russell,

never did it,although until last year the few remaining bits of driftwood were still in the garden.

It was really interesting, once you got into it, thinking about which bit of wood you'd found,would match the skeleton that you had in your head.

:smoke: I really dig this kind of art.