MJ & Multiple Sclerosis

Cassidy

I've been working on a novel (well, "hobbying" might be a more descriptive verb!) which broadly seeks to highlight the injustice and absurdity of the war on Cannabis. One of the central characters discovers she has Multiple Sclerosis, and eventually, will discover that cannabis can help relieve her symptoms. I've been doing lots of research into MS to make it as realistic as possible, but most of what I find is dry clinical medical descriptions -- not the human stories behind them. Hence, I'd like to hear from any members out there who suffer from MS, to find out broadly (1) how they discovered they had the disease, (2) what advice they received from their doctors, and what legal medications they've tried (and the effects of those medications), (3) when and how they first tried cannabis for their symptoms and its effects on those symptoms, (4) how family and friends have reacted both to the disease and/or to use of cannabis, and (5) whether and how use of cannabis has affected their lives positively or negatively, and especially how the disease itself has affected their lives. You can post replies here, or just PM me -- I promise to anonymize and fictionalize any accounts, and if the book ever gets finished and published, I'll even send you an autographed copy!

Thanks, and from the bottom of my heart, peace, love & support -- from what I've been learning over the last few weeks and months, you have a tough row to hoe each and every day. :ouch: