help prob with zone alarm

divine

hy was looking for some sorta good free security and this board all pointed to zone alarm so i downloaded it. when i was setting it up one of the final questions was 'what connection do you use' so i clicked on the one witch i thought was appropriate summit like 'cable modem etc' because ive just recently got broadband so i thought that , that could of been the correct connection name for broadband.

but it wernt :nuke:

so everytime i tried to go any website b4 it loaded up id get my old dial up bt internet connection page pop up? obviously not wantin this cosa bband id press cancel an hope it would go away witch it did and also made the webpage not appear as if i wernt connected?? even though broadband is always on??

so basically my question is when i get to 'choose connection' question witch one is it for broadband??

phew! :alien: glad dats dun i hope you under stand wat im talking about cos i wanna reinstall this program and get it working

thanks alot

THE- divine -SAGE

It might be zonealarm doing this but I wouldn't have thought so. Zone alarm should cover any internet connection.

This could be worth checking

Go into internet Explorer options (Tools menu) and click the conections tab. Check that your old isp isn't set as the default connection.

If its there at all you might as well delete it by clicking on it then clicking the remove button.

hopefully it might be that simple :alien:

if not let me know.

npk

thankyou so muck npk i wish id a thought of that :alien: duh! to think ive got an alevel in I.T hehe to much weed,

but i have to allow a program called marketscore or nothing else works but i dont even believe marketscore works with broadband being a dial up connection accelarator?? oh well cheers anyway i can surf feeling a bit more secure than b4 thanks

hi divine

also have broadband

just got zone alarm as well

but i pressed LAN/

something

but dont know how u can change it

still learning myself

maybe switch off com and try again

Marketscore is scumware. You can get rid of that by DL'ing AdAware or Spybot.

Both programmes are free spyware removal tools. AdAware is the established leader. Spybot is the new kid on the block and has a few more bells and whistles.

labrat could yu explain a little more why marketscore is bad cause i had it fur a while and i only got it cause i thought it would make my poo connection faster ?

cheers

We've all been there, with 56K's.

Lifted directly from Spybot's description of marketscore "Marketscore monitors your surfing, essentially logging information about the webpages that you visit and the actions that you take, such as the purchases and transactions that make..... Please note that while we do not sell any personally identifiable member information, we do share personally identifiable with those third parties who help us deliver the marketscore service to you" lol

IMHO, its not worth it. Differences on 56k are hardly detectable and it'll do nothing for a broadband connection. I'd recommend using spybot to get rid of it and clean out the registry entries because the majority of uninstall options on software like it are very poor and leave too many bits behind.

If you're looking to tweak a broadband connection try this tweaktester on DSL reports. It doesn't install software on your machine, just helps you adjust the (highly esoteric) settings. Don't ask me what those settings do though, I haven't a clue.

hope this helps.

its gone!!!

got adware and wiped the sucker out, just wish id have done it sooner or not fell for it in the first place, oh well not 2 worry alls well now thanks for the info labrat

lol

p.s i still dont trust msn messenger gonna use the code lingo from now on if im talkin shady like, cheers

divine

hi all just unistalled

zone alarm didnt

no which programs

to give access to

will install when

i no abit more about

the system away to do

more reading already read

za help files

:woot: c uz efter spatsman