Sphinx's Secret Chamber

delta-green

i once heard that the sphinx [the one in egypt] has a secret chamber beneath its feet which contains many secret texts and artifacts from antiquity. i had also heard that it was being excavated in secret, as this was a few years ago i was wondering if there is any truth to it at all or if anyone else had heard of this.

i've often wondered what could be down there, if there really is a secret room. maybe things like the holy grail, a very old lord lucan, proof of aliens building the pyramids or simply a stockpile of napoleons personal cannon balls and his spare pair of high heeled campaigning footwear [not wellies].

I've heard that too.....about the secret chamber. Heard nothing since. I'll go and ask Pendoggo. She's into Egyptology in a big way.

"In 1973-4 . . . the first in a series of serious pioneering projects was launched, using ground-penetrating radar and other high-tech remote sensing equipment to locate "anomalies" under the bedrock beneath the Sphinx. These projects were channeled through well-established academic institutions - the Ain Shams University in Cairo and the prestigious Stanford Research Institute (SRI) in the USA.

In 1977 the US National Science Foundation funded a project at Giza again involving the SRI. This time use was made of several new techniques such as resistivity measurements (from metal rods driven into the rock across which an electric current was passed), magnetometry, and also the latest aerial photography and thermal infrared image-enhancing techniques. According to the SRI team's official report: "Several anomalies were observed as a result of our resistivity survey at the Sphinx ... Behind the rear paws (north-west end) we ran two traverses. Both traverses indicate an anomaly that could possibly be due to a tunnel aligned north-west to south-east ..." Two other anomalies were noted, deep in the bedrock "in front of the paws of the Sphinx." [p. 90-91]

Hancock and Bauval quote SRI geophysicist Lambert Dolphin, who relayed to me a rather different conclusion in a personal correspondence (click here for the full text):

Next we drilled 4 inch bore holes on the anomalies and inspected the hole with downhole TV. Nothing was found except small cracks. We paid special attention to the front paws, and under the paws. No chambers!

I do not believe there are any chambers under the Sphinx at this point in time."

http://www.catchpenny.org/chamber.html

Guest dr rockster

Slighty off topic but maybe of interest,as when when visiting the pyramid complex I saw the excavations of a papyrus reed boat which

had been used for shipping the blocks down the Nile.

It was right next to Cheops if memory(over 20 years ago)serves and was an amazing artefact in that the thing was whole,even the reeds were in good nick,a big boat n' all.

I got pics but on slide with my picture agent show can't show you unfortunately

but the Pyramids are such a powerful monument,really gobsmackingly awesome.

I wouldnt have been surprised had additional things been found,not at all.

• 3 weeks later...

There is indeed a secret chamber in the Sphynx, known only to the select few. To access it you have to go round the back, between the legs. There, just under the tail you will find the entrance, a round opening known as the Sphyncter. Good luck.

Guest dr rockster
There is indeed a secret chamber in the Sphynx, known only to the select few. To access it you have to go round the back, between the legs. There, just under the tail you will find the entrance, a round opening known as the Sphyncter. Good luck.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::yep:

Look a little further and a second opening can be seen. Known as the Pussy.

Look a little further and a second opening can be seen. Known as the Pussy.

That's just a big crack..

:!: :wink: :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

If there is a secret chamber beneath the Sphinx full of artifacts, someone must have been in there in order verify? If no-one has been in there then no-one really knows. I have noticed that the front legs and paws of the sphinx have been replaced with new stonework, I wonder why. Anyone familiar with Edgar Cayce also known as the sleeping prophet? In one of his many self induced trances he predicted that a chamber called the hall of records would be found beneath the paws of the Sphinx and in this chamber are the recorded origins of mankind.