Subconscious Mind

Blayz'd

It's a simple question but my mind has an argument over it while I sit here contemplating with a J.

Is the subconscious mind conscious or unconscious?

sub...

:unsure:

heh yeah, I know what the word implies and means but when you think about it. Your subconscious only comes out to play in an unconscious manner. For instance. If you play xbox your subconscious controls your fingers. Your not consciously controling your fingers to hit the buttons you need when you need. You see what I mean. I don't mean unconscious as in knocked out cold. I mean it as in not controlled by the conscious mind. The might that thinks and is in operation most of the time. Another question, are they seperate or are they part of the same thing.

Interesting stuff blayz'd.I have just written and deleted about 4 different posts and you've actually broken my mind(minds?) with that one...Although the sub-con is sub it still has an agenda for me(it).I think they are all part of the same thing,me, but also they are seperate and do not always work together...Errr too much(steam coming from ears) to think about.Hope i can reply more helpfully after a good ponder..

All the best,....Welly smeed..

heh yeah, I know what the word implies and means but when you think about it. Your subconscious only comes out to play in an unconscious manner. For instance. If you play xbox your subconscious controls your fingers. Your not consciously controling your fingers to hit the buttons you need when you need. You see what I mean. I don't mean unconscious as in knocked out cold. I mean it as in not controlled by the conscious mind. The might that thinks and is in operation most of the time. Another question, are they seperate or are they part of the same thing.

im now a bit too cained to attempt this discussion in a senssible manner :(

i reckon the unconcious or subconscious is actual consciousness. like this

the body is the mobile phone (reciver)

the conciousness is the voice in the ear piece (signal)

the subconcious is the caller (sender)

thats why actual conciousness is hundreds of milliseconds behind the subconcious. satelite delay :D

course, im proper monged right now, so... ;)

so in answer to the question Is the subconscious mind conscious or unconscious? i would say this - :spliff:

:smug:

Edited by tsk

I thought the sub was always active, regardless if the con is awake or asleep. Sub controls things like breathing etc (the xbox was a good example). I try and train all activities to the sub (aka habits), so I have to use my con less.

xbox example isnt correct man ,you control your fingers,sub con mind is always on regardless of sleep or being awake,if mind is arguing with itself,seek help ..your schizo mate.

a good xbox example would be that while playing say gears of war and the action is on ,your sub con mind is remembering where various bad guys come from in what order etc etc ,thats why it gets easier while playing lolololololo peace brov,and you control your fingers,dont forget that man .

i suppose id say that the subconcious mind, if its the same as the unconcious mind, is always concious, just that we are rarely concious of it, it is our true, eternal selves, that we rarely glimpse

xbox example isnt correct man ,you control your fingers,sub con mind is always on regardless of sleep or being awake,if mind is arguing with itself,seek help ..your schizo mate.

I think it is right. It's the same when you drive. If you've ever had a near accident you might know that your subconscious mind comes into play then. During a split second you do something without thinking. Just like you hit those buttons without thinking on the xbox. This lack of thought, or unconcious like state is when I've experienced the sub conscious mind working. With a heart beat. Unconsciously and subconsciously you are controlling the beat of your heart. The subconscious is at work all of the time, the conscious sleeps when you do. So the subconscious works on both the conscious and unconscious levels.

Carl Jung, nice. I've been reading about him. Clever guy, into philosophy and hermetics. He wrote good books about Plato and his theories too I think. lol

i suppose id say that the subconcious mind, if its the same as the unconcious mind, is always concious, just that we are rarely concious of it, it is our true, eternal selves, that we rarely glimpse

Yeah i like that.Like our sub-con communicating with our soul intention,but "thinking to much" confuses our purpose,allowing for distractions..er maybe..More to think about? or shall i let it soak into my sub-con and trust i absorb it and intergrate it on a deeper level...

Carl Jung, nice. I've been reading about him. Clever guy, into philosophy and hermetics. He wrote good books about Plato and his theories too I think.

Aye, I'm reading his "Memories, Dreams, Reflections" just now. Some very interesting stuff in it, particularly about his psychiatric work.