I read dis and it made me smile,

URL: http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v01/n1608/a08.html

Newshawk: creator@mapinc.org

Pubdate: Fri, 31 Aug 2001

Source: Calgary Sun, The (CN AB)

Copyright: 2001 The Calgary Sun

Details: '>http://www.mapinc.org/media/67

HEMP CAR PULLED OVER

MONTREAL -- The Hemp Car had barely begun its tour of the city -- the first Canadian stop on the Virginia-based group's schedule -- when a police cruiser pulled it over.

"Just a standard check," said a police officer who stood by the car.

Was it the big marijuana leaf decal on the vehicle's hood? Or the many decals with the word "hemp" that decorated its sides?

Maybe it was the fact that the driver kept yelling "Hemp car! The car that runs on cannabis oil!" through the sunroof with a megaphone.

No Permit For Light

As it turned out, police were concerned about a yellow flashing light on top of the car, which should not be used without a permit.

"It's the first time we've been pulled over," said Scott Furr, media director for Hemp Car Transamerica.

Furr is part of the four-member crew from Hampton, Va., that has already travelled 2,400 km across North America.

The idea for the hemp car -- a 1983 Mercedes-Benz station wagon -- began when Grayson and a friend sought an ecologically friendly way to tour North America.

They found a way to produce biodiesel fuel from hemp-seed oil.  The industrial hemp plant is inexpensive and easy to grow, and the biodegradable fuel gives the same mileage as regular diesel.  Furr said the exhaust from the car contains 80% less pollutants than traditional diesel fuel.  

burnout.gif

Guest THE PUFFER

Cool...but I bet it doesn't go as fast as my BEEMER :)

If they do suddenly change their plans with the Happy Herb, its gunna power the whole worlds toys....just so #### versatile maan.

I knew the moment I met MARYJANE she was the one for me. So natural, so right.

Thank you JAH

it may not go like a beemer but it will go further than a new diesel engine can on the same amout of fuel. and the panels will outlast any mere metal car hemp fibres mixed with hemp resin makes it super tough and it won't rust ;), plus the pollutants in the exhaust is minimal.

lets hope we ca say goodbye to petroleum based fuels asap.

burnout.gif

• 6 months later...
Cool...but I bet it doesn't go as fast as my BEEMER :D

You can create methanol from cannabis...Methanol is the fuel they use in racing cars..They go faster than your bm ;)

:oldtoker:

MrB

biodesiel : cheap and enviromentally safe

Why isnt is used? cause the governments gettin huge backhanders thats why.

Gonna be a long time till we get clean fuel available.