The Benefits Of Neem

aventinusdampf

I was browsing cannabiscafe.net, a spanish site, seeing a guerilla grower, using neem outside as an amendement for the soil

http://www.cannabiscafe.net/foros/sh...ad.php?t=82718

http://www.cannabiscafe.net/foros/at...3&d=1181169603

If I may link here (can't remember atm) so mods do what you have to do.

when I asked whether he uses it to dispel slugs (that's what it is supposed to do - I'm experimenting with it outside as well) he pointed me to another site.

http://www.trabe.net/agricultura/proneem.htm

I tried to translate the blurp with the help of babelfish and a dictionary

Still a bit raw though

Neem has shown a great effectiveness against insects (it's a well-known fact somehow) but also for treating against other diseases like systemic fungi of trees or ill cultures, protecting their roots.

Being used as a preventive measure, it can avoid that the fungical diseases invade the plants, but if its action to prevent fungi is remarkable, its control of the nematodes is still more important, maintaining the level of such in populations within the permissible margins.

INDICATIONS

Fungi: it is much successful against fungi that cause certain diseases of the plants. As much in laboratory as in field tests, the Neem has controlled diseases like the Mould and the Aspergyllus. In conservatory tests, it has an effectiveness close to 100% against “the Mould of the beans”. Recently, one has shown a truely unusual and remarkable connection between the Neem and the fungi. In tests made with extracts of Neem, in spite of not killing the Aspergillus fungus sp, against all the expectations, these extracts restrained their production of aflotoxina completely. Nematodes: the products of the Neem affect several types of nematodes, that form the plagues most devastating and more difficult to control for agriculture. It is an effective alternative since most of the synthetic nematicidas have been retired of the market because of their toxicity. Crustaceans: In the rice fields, a tiny aquatic crustacean, the Ostrocod heterocypris luzonensis, feeds itself on seaweed that elaborates nitrogen of the air, reducing drastically the fertilizer for the culture. The watery extracts of nucleus of seed of Neem control this tiny animal. Ground caterpillars: Applied in I dust just in the base of the neck, avoids the attack of caterpillars that are protected in the ground.

USAGE

To place under the gotero(=drip counter???) an amount of way product of which the drop is distilling the essence. The amount depends on the cultures: in vegetables 1 g by plant, and in 10 fruit trees from 5 to g by plant. In the case of not having irrigation, at the time of preparing the land before seedtime, distributing homogenous at the rate of 1 g by square meter.

COMPOSITION

Húmicos acids

14,35 %

Fúlvicos acids

10,65 %

Potassium

3.260 mg/kg

Phosphorus

4.065 mg/kg

Organic matter

81,95 %

Nitrogen

6,72 % (p/p)

Protein

42,00 %

Edited by aventinusdampf

it also controls some nematodes... i found a company who makes coco cubes/pots and growing medium pretreated with neem.. i am trying to get some samples sent over - they are looking for a distributor :soap:

Nematodes: the products of the Neem affect several types of nematodes, that form the plagues most devastating and more difficult to control for agriculture. It is an effective alternative since most of the synthetic nematicidas have been retired of the market because of their toxicity.

I have neem and coco, but thanks for the tip :yahoo:. Shouldn't be so difficult to get.