Rust Spots Mainly On Veins...

Church

It was never to be - a grow without problems!

post-7455-1156095146_thumb.jpg post-7455-1156095155_thumb.jpg

I've been having this problem mainly since I gave this Medicine Man it's first feed, so am wondering if it's to do with overfeeding - the rust mainly seems to develop by the veins, and I spot some browning at the leaf tips. It's day 8 of flowering, and the plants was fed 1ml grow + 1ml/bloom last Thurs, although the browning has been about for a few weeks.

I've been spraying with Citrofresh for the past week, and removed the bottom leaves where the rusting was worst... I've just sprayed with it again, hence the wet leaves!

The ventilation is the same as I've had for the previous 2 grows, neither of which developed any problems - plus, all the intakes have filters with bactericide.

Any ideas?

Try a watering in with epsom (have they had any at all?) - if that doesn't help it, it's a rust spot fungal infection, which can be an arse to get rid off.

Edited by Bish

I haven't watered em with Epsom at all yet, so will try that. Cheers Bish :wassnnme:

Edited by Church

Getting lots and lots of reports of this problem this year. Church read this also look at the pic at the top of the topic, it goes very fast, removing infected tissue ie cutting leaves back uninfected leaf before treating helps, several treatments may be needed.

Getting lots and lots of reports of this problem this year. Church read this also look at the pic at the top of the topic, it goes very fast, removing infected tissue ie cutting leaves back uninfected leaf before treating helps, several treatments may be needed.

That's some scary fungus on the other plant!!!

It hasn't been rapid spreading on mine so far, but I shall follow your instructions in hope that it doesn't get that chance!!! Thank you both :yinyang:

There are several very nasty fungi versions about, it depends on how resistant your plants are, but once established it is very hard to control, let alone eradicate, I know of 3 growers that have had their crop and mums wiped out by it. At least 7 others who are struggling with it.

• Like 1

Any suggestions for an alternative product if BioLife isn't available? I notice the shop doesn't have it as available anymore.

• Like 1

If you are in veg, traditional copper fungicide + a jollop of maxicrop may hold it back.

Try dropping J a pm and ask him, I think he said the other day that he had some.

If you are in veg, traditional copper fungicide + a jollop of maxicrop may hold it back.

Try dropping J a pm and ask him, I think he said the other day that he had some.

8 days into flower unfortunately :yinyang:

Have been in there and butchered the plant considerably - removed all infected leaves, so that's a start.

• 5 years later...
Guest nelly123

Is essence any good at getting rid of this problem? i have it and i have treated with essence 2 days ago, how often can i use this essence guyz? or is it bettre to try somet else? i'm using the plant magic range of neutes, thnks nelly

• 3 weeks later...