Hey Arnold

oldtimer1

post-59-1025714607_thumb.jpgIts all a matter of balance mate, below is a KC33 in a 3 inch square pot, the rooting says it is making good use of the compost in the pot size its in. It has not been held back one little bit and you can see how tall she is, but if left a few more days it would be. I will be potting it on today into a 6 inch pot as soon as the rooting is at the same stage it will be going into the soil outside.

post-59-1025714607_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

post-59-1025715246_thumb.jpgNow this baby is an indoor var in a 4 inch square pot she has roots at the drainage holes but as you can see she has a long way to go before repotting. There is no point in moving plants until they are in a ready state to make good use of the new home you give them, in fact its more likely to be detrimental. If your baby in the 6 inch pot is rooted like the KC33 and still growing fast, yes she should root through the final pot very rapidly if not and you move her on early she will dawdle and never make full use of the space you give her. If I get time when I move cs-c on to her final 6 litre pot I will do a comparison pic.

post-59-1025715246_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...

OT1, my apologies for not thanking you sooner for this info.

Absolutely invaluable - I have been following your instructions for about 5 weeks now and, yes, plants are stronger looking, bushier. Root ball on potting up is much more developed.

Just potted my first 6"-er on into its final large tub. At about 18" it has more branches on that I would normally expect at twice that height; and trying to pry the crocks out of the root ball when potting up was a bit of a major do, due to very dense and healthy looking root ball.

Thanks!

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I have 4 babys in 5" sq pots, the roots look like they have filled out the pot nicely and a couple have roots coming out the bottom, yet, they seem to small to be repotted. they are only 7"-8" tall, barely taller than the pots they are in.

could they need repotting already??? lol

they were transplanted from their seed cups to the 5"ers, 2 1/2 weeks ago.

they are in (fluffed up) coco which could have something to do with it

[b-Dr]

• 3 years later...
Guest scarfaceshady

if they need repotting then repot them bruv dont wanna do it to early tho make sure its rooted quite well in pot its in

also threads years old - dunno if ya noticed nice one for pullin it up i hadnt seen it before

all the best

scarface

Edited by scarfaceshady

OT1 was the pro organic grower on this site when I joined a few years ago, even then I was well impressed that he even took the time to help a newbie such as myself (although he can be a grumpy old so and so when he wants to be). He has saved my ass on more than 1 occasion on my initial grow.

I'm glad he's still about as I'm planning my next organic grow in the following month or so and am gonna need saving again no doubt, he-he

Nav

OT1 Rocks!

Lets See More Of You! (:yinyang:)

• Like 2

Guest Blabblabberbab

....so finally finished smoking that monster bud from 2004 COTC and about ready to do another grow then Nav :yinyang::blub:

B :ninja:

Guest Lazlo Woodbine

....so finally finished smoking that monster bud from 2004 COTC and about ready to do another grow then Nav :yinyang::band:

B :blub:

Ah .... Happy daze ..... :ninja:

Didn't we use the pic on 420 adverts for a while?

Laz

• 1 month later...

Priceless info!! Pictures really are worth a thousand words, it was basically a guessing game for me prior to this, figguring out when to repot. I highy appreciate the advice OT1

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

can i ask something about the repotting ?

If u start with a big pot is there any need of repotting ?

or will it just take longer time for me to repot her ?

cheers

night