watering cans

oldtimer1

post-338-1113729919.jpgpost-338-1113729962.jpgQ its a design thing, would that I could afford a metal haws can.

This can is plastic, holds 5 litres, perfect for indoor use, good balance, but can reach in 3 rows of 6.5 litre pots.

post-338-1113729919.jpg

I’ve had it for years, the rose on it cost nearly as much as the can, the spray is very fine, so oxygenates the water well and wets evenly.

post-338-1113729962.jpg

• Like 4

Hang onto that rose OT - the ones that come with the can nowadays are quite shoddy TBH. Yours looks way superior!

• Like 1

I bought it separately Arnie, they still make all the old rose patterns going back to designs from the eighteen hundreds, I agree the roses that come with the plastic cans are rubbish.

I bought a separate brass rose too - cost more than the can, but better than the plastic/brass rose you buy with the can :smoke:

I bought it separately Arnie, they still make all the old rose patterns going back to designs from the eighteen hundreds, I agree the roses that come with the plastic cans are rubbish.

344764[/snapback]

where did you buy that rose for your watering can oldtimer1?

Not round here they dont Bish

Not that it matters any more......

349048[/snapback]

I'd want to know why they don't stock spare roses when selling the Haws product. It's bloody daft!

Edited by Bish

I'd want to know why they don't stock spare roses when selling the Haws product. It's bloody daft!

349056[/snapback]

Just got back from the local garden centre picked up a Haws long reach 5l it comes with a rose but not the one i wanted, i checked out the 6.8l version Haws and would you believe it in the bottom was the remains of a joint :wassnnme: .

The other roses they stock dont even fit the Haws cans :stoned:

i made my a rose of my own from an old washing up bottle it works very well.

and is far cheaper than shop bought. :unsure::yinyang:

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Q its a design thing, would that I could afford a metal haws can.

This can is plastic, holds 5 litres, perfect for indoor use, good balance, but can reach in 3 rows of 6.5 litre pots.

post-338-1113729919.jpg

I’ve had it for years, the rose on it cost nearly as much as the can, the spray is very fine, so oxygenates the water well and wets evenly.

post-338-1113729962.jpg

hit 35268 in search as i read the topic on fungal disease affecting holland and the UK. here is where i was sent?? topic number?

Got myself a 0.7L Haws can a couple of months back, and it's great. I didn't find out about the benefits of rose spraying for years!

Unfortunately I stood on the sprayhead and it doesn't spray as well now and it now drips. grrr. back to the garden centre soon to look for a sprayhead.