Hesi Tnt Complex

Guest peace&quiet

Guest peace&quiet

Morning all.

Im using the hesi tnt complex nutes for coco this time around and just potted rooted clones into their first pots thursday morning,

Ive had 10 litres of water bubbling sinse wednesday with 1ml per litre of tnt mixed in..so 10ml yeah!

My base ec is 0.6 so im halfing that to .3 but when I added the 10 ml of tnt it only showed up 0.8 on my bluelab :confused:

Is this not to low as ive read 1.0 - 1.2 is a good starting point for young clones..so that would be 1.3-1.5 showing on my truncheon..correct?

But to achieve this Id have to use 5/6 ml per litre..surely thats to much?

Hesi say 25ml per 10 litres for clones but that wouldn,t even reach 1.0..see what Im getting at here,it seems on the too low side to me,

Just looking at my tnt bottle.......it says 2.5ml per litre for mothers and 5ml per litre for growing plants,

Ive tested these amounts with a litre of water:

1 ml = 0.8 so actual reading is 0.5

2.5 ml = 0.9 so actual reading is 0.6

3 ml = 1.0 so actual reading is 0.7

4 ml = 1.1 so actual reading is 0.8

5 ml = 1.3 so actual reading is 1.0

I understand my rooted clones are sexually mature little plants Im just unsure on what to go with this stuff anyone got any advice please..

Hesi say 25ml per 10 litres for clones but that wouldn,t even reach 1.0..see what Im getting at here,it seems on the too low side to me,

Anyone else using this stuff Id appreciate your thoughts and what amount of feed your giving clones,

p&q

Guest peace&quiet
Try around 3 - 4ml per litre of TNT. Forget trying to use the ec truncheon on it as it doesn't show up right with TNT.

Hello Ben...dont I know it fella :(

Thought ec truncheons and ph pens were essential..all i wanna be able to do is measure what im giving them driving me mad fella!!

Im even thinking of changing to something else that does show up on my bluelab

:yinyang:

They are essential pieces of kit, but simply because of the way that they work, they are more sensitive to some nute components (N etc.) than others, so for certain types of additives you're best off sticking to using amounts based on the recommended dosages. :(

Edited by Scribb|e

Try around 3 - 4ml per litre of TNT. Forget trying to use the ec truncheon on it as it doesn't show up right with TNT.

Hello Ben...dont I know it fella :(

Thought ec truncheons and ph pens were essential..all i wanna be able to do is measure what im giving them driving me mad fella!!

Im even thinking of changing to something else that does show up on my bluelab

When you start using the bloom & pk etc, start measuring stuff then. For now whilst on the TNT just PH and go by darkness of the leaves. Or if you're desperate to ec it you could just buy another vegging feed.

Guest peace&quiet

Will do fella....its just bloody frustrating me for some reason :spliff:

Ill add to my mix of 1ml per litre up to 3-4 and just watch them,

Another thing i was reading that to get best results in coco you need to feed daily?..is this another myth? lol

I fed them 300ml each on thursday morn and today they are still moist...guess this will change as/if they grow.

Thanks for your help fella..much appreciated!

p&q

Dont feed them daily until they've fully rooted out the pot they're in. Until then let them dry abit before feeding, it shouldn't take too long to fill the pot out, depending on your plant size to pot ratio.

3-4 mill per litre is way to much for clones, I only go as high as 4 mill per litre at around week 5 of bloom. If I go above 3 mill per litre in veg the plants start to show signs of Over-feeding.

I start off feeding with a mix of 1 mill per litre for the first 5 days. I up the feed to two mill per litre for another 7-10 days and then finish off with 3 mill per litre until the beginning of week 5 12/12.

hesi nutes dont register on EC meters the same as chemical nutes because hesi use some organic chemicals in the make up of there nutes :yinyang: use there recommended does per liter ya wont go far wrong

Guest peace&quiet

Cheers folks

Nmw thats were Im getting confused Ive read their (hesi) schedule and for clones the recomend 2.5ml per litre,

Ive been told not to worry about using my ec truncheon with theses nutes,but cant help sticking it in my solution..just to see :rofl:

From now on I wont tho..to stressfull

They have been getting 1ml per litre since thursday morn..and the good news is they aint dead!

Next solution Ill up the nutes to the recomended doze and keep an eye on them,

But to be honest I think Ill buy nutes that actually register next time..waste of £70 this time tho.

Thanks all

p&q

• 2 weeks later...

Allright there p&q......NMW is right, the EC readings don't seem to match the amount of feed going in.

Couple of points I'd like to clarify - don't let the coco dry out at all. It is a hydro system and works best when kept wet....water them well daily :yinyang:

If you look on the bottle of the TNT....it says 2.5ml/l for mums and 5ml/l for growing plants.

Clones are sexually mature plants and 5ml per litre won't hurt them providing your pH is right.......I certainly wouldn't be giving 5ml/l to seedlings though :D

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction.

ATB :)

Guest peace&quiet
Allright there p&q......NMW is right, the EC readings don't seem to match the amount of feed going in.

Couple of points I'd like to clarify - don't let the coco dry out at all. It is a hydro system and works best when kept wet....water them well daily :wink:

If you look on the bottle of the TNT....it says 2.5ml/l for mums and 5ml/l for growing plants.

Clones are sexually mature plants and 5ml per litre won't hurt them providing your pH is right.......I certainly wouldn't be giving 5ml/l to seedlings though :B):

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction.

ATB ;)

Alright there f.a.i

Watering them every 2 days at the mo mate like you say dont let it dry out!

Tnt mate thro me I was scared Id burn them at the start so went with 1ml per litre

Then they went pale pretty quick upped it too 2.5ml with no real difference

Tried 3.5 and they began to green up a tad..so went the whole hog & gave them 5ml and they are catching up quite well.

I forgot the rooted clones were sexually mature plants..and treated them as young uns (from seed ) theres were the error was made.

My ph is always 5.8-6.2 so alls good in that department.

Anyone trying these nutes with rooted clones forget the ec folks first 2/3 feeds Id go with 3ml per litre

Then hit them with the 5ml..just like the scedule suggests,

Many thanks everyone!

p&q

• 3 weeks later...
Guest peace&quiet
hesi nutes dont register on EC meters the same as chemical nutes because hesi use some organic chemicals in the make up of there nutes :v: use there recommended does per liter ya wont go far wrong

Me again :yep:

Nmw so I managed to get thro my veg period eventually without relying on my truncheon just added the recomended 5ml hesi tnt per litre vegged them for 25 days and all was sweet.

Now that Im a week into flower and just gave them their first feed of coco bloom along with the recomended 5ml per litre this morning and already the are a little yellow on the tips of the leafs = slight nute burn so ill lower it for tomorrows feed.

Ive done another little test on the bloom nutes in a litre of water with these results:

1ml - 1 litre = ec 1.0

2ml - 1 litre = ec 1.3

3ml - 1 litre = ec 1.6

4ml - 1 litre = ec 1.9

5ML - 1 litre = ec 2.2

So whats the script when using the coco bloom? Is at as before with the tnt were it dont show proper on the bluelab or are these results showing up proper? Like I said i gave them 5ml per litre this morn(going by canna schedule) and have tip burn already..so id say yes! anyone else,s input would be appreciated on this stuff.

p&q

• 3 months later...