48 days, is this done?

ReverendRFB

Okay guys.. totally a newbie question here.. but I have a few strings of thought attached to it.. so help me out here if you can..

My newbie question is.. "Do you guys think this plant is ready for the chop?"

post-35175-1243903003_thumb.jpg post-35175-1243903027_thumb.jpg

She is a White Widow from GHS. She is on day 48, scheduled to start 'looking to cut' around the 13th. This plant was started and grown from seed. It grew and vegged entirely under MH, then was under HPS for its flowering period. I had another White Widow Seed plant, and she went for 70 days and could have easily gone another few days before I cut her down... but this one .. .. to me... looks done. Trichs are cloudy... hairs are 95% red all over... she's huge and top heavy.. I dunno?

What do you think?

My senses tell me she's done, but my Math tells me its not. Is it possible that during this flowering cycle with this WW, it could be done earlier because of a better 'environment' sort of for them to have been raised in? My other plant (the one that went 70 days) was vegged and flowered under HPS. I remember reading at one time (and I dont know or remember where so dont hang me on this) that when you grow plants using MH that it alters the chemistry of the plants a little - making it more responsive to the 'flip' to 12/12 --- and potentially reducing its flowering time?? Hell I dunno.. really I'm at a loss here...

but um.... help me out here... I know it sounds inappropriate but... I dunno if its done! Would you let it go another 10 days?

Thanks for your help!

-Rev

If it's any help I have a few pics of the same strain below in my sig at 61 days. 48 days does seem early TBH.

best advice is finish this strain and move on to better genetics, there is far more tastier bud to be had :smug:

E2A- i'd leave it another week or 2 just out of curiosity, you can always chop a bud off now and compare it to a bud you chop off 10 days later say. it's the only way to answer the question me thinks.

Edited by Putrid

Heya Rev,

I can only share my experiences I have had with MH with you. No answers here. I just switched to MH for vegging about a month ago. But I've been using MH in my flowering room (along with HPS) for a while now. Check my 2nd diary if you want details.

Anyway, the buds do seem to look mature earlier with the MH and I've definately seen a difference in growing characteristics with MH in veg.

We may be onto something here. :yep: I think the reason that canna plants grow stretchy under HPS as that is the wavelength most likely to penetrate deep, jungle growth is red/orange/yellow. In which case it would suit a plant to grow long tendrils in order to find clear sky and unobstructed sunlight. But when the plant sees blue sky (MH) it knows to stop stretching and get stocky instead. This fits with canna plants that grow in mountain terrain as opposed to plants that grow in jungles.

It may also have an effect on maturing. :clapping: If true, we may have a powerful way to control plants right under our noses and have never known it. :clapping:

More research is needed!

BTW beautiful looking plants! :stoned:

Edited by Randalizer

Cool thanks for that answer Rand.. that's more along the line's my thought process was considering.. Agreed that more research is needed....

I too can see the difference in MH vegging.. and its wonderful.

Thanks for the reply Rand! :stoned:

I'll search through your diary for your experiences ...

Thx again :yep:

Have you grown that exact plant before? Is it clone?

It may just be a 7 week pheno? Like Jiff said, i'd look under a 30X magnifier.

yer quite welcome Rev. Happy to share info. :rofl:

i agree with the blue light theory. i've grown the from the same mother under 600w hps in veg and 375w blue enviro in veg on a different occasion the ones under the enviros grow stocky and matured at least a week quicker. i thought it was to do with the shock of going from blue to red light which altered the maturation times as it seemed to start budset much quicker too than under a hps from start :spliff:

Edited by iamafunkimunki

Thanks for the replies all..I'm gonna chop her today. I dried a bud last night to check and see if it was 'viable' and after trying it and getting on the computer... I quickly fell asleep without notice.. and awoke early in the am with a keyboard on my face. lol

Woohoo!

I'd like to learn more about the science of the blue light/red light thing... really does seem to mature them faster.

I'd like to learn more about the science of the blue light/red light thing... really does seem to mature them faster.

:unsure: Likewise. That's why I started this topic.

I got one of these going from GHS aswell. But its way earlier than yours, and outdoors.. so im nowhere near this stage. Looks droopy and it might die due to SLUGS! :unsure:

Anyway just to say, looks really nice + Thanks because It's interesting to look at the same plant from the same co.