Essence with sbpi

Metal Halide

Hi

Having been blighted by lsf and thrips over the last few months, I've now got a couple of things to help me out. I've some essence to combat the lsf and some sbpi for the thrips. Do I need both, or will just one of them keep both lsf and thrips at bay? :rofl:

Assuming I do need the two, can they be used together? I've got some White Russian seedlings (in jiffy pellets) a few days old and I was going to make up some essence for when I put them into 5" pots probably one day later this week. I'd also like to give them some sbpi to prevent thrips, but would I have to wait, or will it be ok to apply them both at pretty much the same time, say a day apart?

I also have a Sulfume Hotbox, which I could use to stop most pests and lsf. I don't really want to be covering everything with Sulphur all the way through flower, although I'd rather do that than see thrips and lsf gradually getting worse.

Any advice most appreciated... ;)

hi

no you cant use them together

sbpi has a mild fungicide in it ,so it will kill the good stuff in the essence

get rid of the thrips first

not sure, but i dont think sbpi wont prevent thips populating a plant ,

it works by mechanical means ie it has to touch the thrips

Cheers for the reply Bart. I feared the sbpi might harm the bacteria in the essence.

Not sure what to do now :wink: With autumn here now, I'm hoping the thrips aren't as bad as they were during summer. Reckon I'll leave the essence for the time being and just keep an eye out for any signs of lsf, and then either use it, or the Sulfume.

Blasted insects and fungus. one is bad enough, but both together is a nightmare! :blub:

Yeah, well I was sort of hoping to get rid of them from my flower room with the Hotbox, and hope that there weren't too many about outside so I wouldn't be re-infested - until the spring anyway. :D Crap theory I know, but I haven't seen any of my plants finish with even reasonably healthy leaves for a long time now, so I'll try anything. :rofl:

If I sprayed with sbpi, anyone know how long I'd have to wait before I used essence? :unsure:

Maybe I'd be better off just using the hotbox once a week or so... Only way to know is to try it and see if my buds taste of matches :rofl:

• 4 years later...

Hello mate, what worked for me to get rd of those thrips , is putting a laying of hortIcultral sand about quarter of a inch on top of your medium, it's very effective, thrips come from your medium , how it works as they come through or try to come through the sand they rip themselfs apart doing wiping out generations of the little buggers