In Line fans

wintermute

Does anyone know of a decent alternative to LTI for in line fans. I'm setting up another box and 130 quid for a fan is really bursting my arse. And on a related topic does anyone have the conversion from M3/hour to CFM?

I've never used Smokey's before, but have heard of other people who have with great success.

The prices I quoted include delivery to your door. Surely within the EU, they can't add tax?

I've investigated importing from the USA before (hi-fi equipment and DVDs) and more often than not, they'll hit you with tax, but I do believe you are allowed to import things for personal use from the EU becuase the tax is already paid at the going rate in the country you purchased it from.

I hope I'm right as I'm planning on getting another light, a reflector and some other bits sent home when I visit the 'dam at the end of August :ouch:

Edited by chez

I have never used any of the tlc-direct ones, but have heard good things about the Manrose ones (they are very similar to the RVKs, with similar price tags) and some negative things about the Soler & Palau fans (early deaths when subjected to the heat of growroom extraction).

HTH

Chez

Guest cali-trap

one sure way of getting it without tax is to do what i'm doing next month, which is going there and picking up the fans personally in the growshop. no danger of paying tax on them when they're on your person, although (low risk at liverpool airport) customs may ask a question or two. ;) having said that, all the times i've travelled through that airport i haven't ever been searched.

yet i think they can charge you VAT on import, depending on what it is, the courier and the customs officer checking the goods in. more research because picking up a 6" RVK fan for just over £50 is a serious draw to buying in holland. there has to be something screwy going on, duty couldn't literally double the price from inside the EU.

edit:

in english, this place looks real good:

http://growshop.naturalminds.nl/welcome.ph...C9pbmRleC5waHAz

seriously good impression i'm getting. may have to get a phone call to them. :!:

Edited by cali-trap

Definatly recommend the fans from tlc, I've got 3, not form there but the same fan and they are the b*ll*cks! Cheaper, Quiter and more powerfull than its RVK counterpart!

Also they can be taken apart for cleaning or maintenance, whereas the RVK's are a seeled unit!

I'd say they were an all round better buy!

But thats just my opinion.

Take It Easy,

VRG