Pinched out, bleeding red

Punta Roja

I pinched her out last Sunday (15th) and she started secreting a red liquid.

Is this normal?

Is it an indication of strain?

Is it a defence mechanism?

Does it mean anything at all?

See the pics.

Cheers

gallery_68771_3814_36094.jpg

15 minutes after pinching out. 15 07 12

gallery_68771_3814_3621.jpg

Four days later 19 07 12

gallery_68771_3814_45038.jpg

Today 20 07 12

Here she is 22 days later. I reckon the juice (whatever the colour; different colours may have different properties) has positive properties i.e. defence mechanisms anti bacterial maybe.

gallery_68771_3814_67063.jpg

Note the knuckle....and she wasn't rotting.

Edited by Punta Roja

Why are you pinching out and not covering the wound with a blob of honey etc to stop infection??

To say I didn't know about the honey would be a lie, but I forgot about it and I was more interested in how she would react and cope with the wounding in our clime.

As it goes, and as is evident she coped very well.

I will bear that in mind for next year, thanks for the reminder.

• 4 months later...

Just found this

The True Origin of HazeAuthor Big Herb

It all began in 1969, In Santa Cruz, California. At the time, there was Thai Oaxacan and punto rojo or Colombian red point - some of the best landrace imports in the area, and some of the best smoke around. It was also at this time a local sufer boy named G, was enjoying his youth as many others during that era of freedom. Not particularly the cannabis lover, G. did not have the passion that most of us have for the sacred plant. Despite this, G saw an opportunity to make a quick buck while having a free smoke and some fun. In 1969, the riverside SoCal surfer backcrossed his punto rojo bagseed in what might be the luckiest” accident. This accident would go on to become most famous cannabis strain of all time. The pollen chuck created a very large amount of seed which was used for the duration of its existence.

During the next year the seeds produced the four varieties. I was given a description by Sams of “fruity``, “sour``,“rootbeer``,“cola``,“c hocolate`` and “hashy``. Later, a more accurate description of each variety was given. The first being Magenta, which those in the inner-circle knew as the “Rootbeer pheno``, and the rest of the world knew as “purple haze``. Then, there was the “Gold`` which was known to carry musky sandlewood and pine traits. In actuality it smelt like catpiss late in flower, and before a cure. “Blue`` and “silver`` were of the Spicy Sweet peppery type, and silver was considered strongest- all of them had a deep rich lingering after-taste. The four varieties of original haze (magenta, gold, silver, and blue) were never stable, and each year had slight variations. The leaf pattern was always the same, and the colors were not cold induced. The calyxes only showed color as the leaf were always bright green. An indicator of true haze lineage is the appearance of a red sap when you cut a true haze plant. This indicator particularly showed itself in the purple pheno

https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=303801&st=15&p=3295896&hl=+big%20+herb&fromsearch=1entry3295896

Got two cuts off the plant in the post under a 400W dual spec at day 46 of flower.

And they're purple pheno.

Edited by Punta Roja
  • Like 3

Just found this

The True Origin of HazeAuthor Big Herb

It all began in 1969, In Santa Cruz, California. At the time, there was Thai Oaxacan and punto rojo or Colombian red point - some of the best landrace imports in the area, and some of the best smoke around. It was also at this time a local sufer boy named G, was enjoying his youth as many others during that era of freedom. Not particularly the cannabis lover, G. did not have the passion that most of us have for the sacred plant. Despite this, G saw an opportunity to make a quick buck while having a free smoke and some fun. In 1969, the riverside SoCal surfer backcrossed his punto rojo bagseed in what might be the luckiest” accident. This accident would go on to become most famous cannabis strain of all time. The pollen chuck created a very large amount of seed which was used for the duration of its existence.

During the next year the seeds produced the four varieties. I was given a description by Sams of “fruity``, “sour``,“rootbeer``,“cola``,“c hocolate`` and “hashy``. Later, a more accurate description of each variety was given. The first being Magenta, which those in the inner-circle knew as the “Rootbeer pheno``, and the rest of the world knew as “purple haze``. Then, there was the “Gold`` which was known to carry musky sandlewood and pine traits. In actuality it smelt like catpiss late in flower, and before a cure. “Blue`` and “silver`` were of the Spicy Sweet peppery type, and silver was considered strongest- all of them had a deep rich lingering after-taste. The four varieties of original haze (magenta, gold, silver, and blue) were never stable, and each year had slight variations. The leaf pattern was always the same, and the colors were not cold induced. The calyxes only showed color as the leaf were always bright green. An indicator of true haze lineage is the appearance of a red sap when you cut a true haze plant. This indicator particularly showed itself in the purple pheno

https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=303801&st=15&p=3295896&hl=+big%20+herb&fromsearch=1entry3295896

Got two cuts off the plant in the post under a 400W dual spec at day 46 of flower.

And they're purple pheno.

Thanks so much, for sharing that, i love reading about the lineage of our sacred plants, and i have learnt, two things from it i didnt know before.

• Like 1