Crispy leaves :(

CK.

Hey guys got a problem with my plants going crispy and generally looking sorry for themselves :blub:

So I have just bought a new veg tent, Budbox small (75x75x100cm)

It has a 400hps, 4" extract, clip on fan

I have just potted them on and they have been in there for a few days now

Temps ave 23

RH ave 50%

so far all they've had is 0.5ml bio silicon per litre of tap water and thats it so I doubt its nute burn as the only nutes they are having is from the soil (plagron bat mix), I don't know whats causing it but it's getting worse, I've took two out to show you but its affecting them all, some more than others??? the only thing I can think is that the 400hps is possibly too bright cos its certainly not too hot?? anyway pics...

gallery_69331_3997_102413.jpggallery_69331_3997_50320.jpg

This one just looks fed up, she was champion before I put her in there??

gallery_69331_3997_15852.jpg

gallery_69331_3997_83776.jpg

If I've missed anything let me know

Cheers

CK :yep:

the leaves look like theyve had water on em or have been touching other leaves ,thus causing a bit of light burn when exposed to the hps,thats could be the cause of the crispiness!,

Cheers lads, it's not over watering as I do a wet-dry cycle so the pot is dry and light in weight before I water and I don't think 23c would do that to a plant would it?

I've ordered a leccy blanket to combat night temps but I still don't think even 18c would cause this, could be wrong tho?

Cheers :yep:

It's not thrips mate, I've just dealt with them on my last grow so I know what to look for regards them, thanks anyway, I'm deffo thinking its environment probs..

It's not thrips mate, I've just dealt with them on my last grow so I know what to look for regards them, thanks anyway, I'm deffo thinking its environment probs..

well the offgassing still stands, as ive seen it an it took forever for me to find,if it is they will start dieing in a week or so..organic volatile compounds being let off by heating the tent. they are wilting but well watered not overdone w/d cycle, temps ok tolerable ranges,humidity fine, maybe cold rootballs at l/o or a virus brought in by bugs.that 1st pic deffo looks eaten. another possibility is air extraction. :yinyang:

Edited by lez

Thanks Lez, I've never heard of that before, it's not a poor quality tent tho, £90 from greens, I'm pretty sure if they were killing everyone's plants they wouldn't be making them very long tho mate

I think it's maybe the shock of going from 48w t5 to 400w hps?