Time for a check up (Pics)

dotcotton

Hi,

Please advise me on my plants, this problem appears to be spreading.

I have read through the FAQs and done some searches but still at a loss.

Problem

Severe chlorosis to lower leaves along with browning, now spreading to next set up.

Roots from bottom of cube have dried up. waiting on other plants to grow before transplanting to Wilma system.

Plants: Jack 47 + NLxSkunk#1 - 4 weeks old

Temps: 21-27C approx.

Humidity: 40-46%

Feed: Wet/dry cycle, 4ml/L rhizotonic, 0.25ml/L Superthirve, 3ml/L Formulex

EC: 0.8-1.0

PH: 5.5 at time of mixing nutes

Setup info in profile

Thanks

Dot

post-69140-0-01540100-1327125868_thumb.jpg Plant

post-69140-0-69765800-1327125935_thumb.jpg Roots

Edited by dotcotton

you don't need a wet/dry cycle with rockwool cubes mate kust keep them damp but not soaking and make sure they are not sat in a puddle of water. Letting them dry out to much will damage the roots..

you don't need a wet/dry cycle with rockwool cubes mate kust keep them damp but not soaking and make sure they are not sat in a puddle of water. Letting them dry out to much will damage the roots..

Thanks Magdiz,

Thought the roots may have been having a hard time. So are you suggesting that the leaf trouble is due to damaged roots?

Dot

Root damage is bound to have an effect on the general health of the plant..:)

I don't know what your problem is mate as I don't know enough about your grow at the moment so I am just firing suggestions out there..:)

Edited by madgiz

humidity and ph are a little low but wouldnt have thought that would make much difference, like madgiz has already said letting the rockwool blocks dry out isnt good, if youve let them dry out too much that maybe the cause but the rest of the plant looks healthy so keep any eye on em see if it gets any worse.

Problem is getting worse.

Anyone else care to chip in? Please feel free to ask any questions if I have left something out.

Dot

Ill chip in, as i done rockwool and wilmas before.

if it were me, id just use the Formulex with a CF of 10, and lay off the other 2, especially the Superthirve.

Ill chip in, as i done rockwool and wilmas before.

if it were me, id just use the Formulex with a CF of 10, and lay off the other 2, especially the Superthirve.

Thanks mate,

CF of 10 as in EC 1.0 I presume? They're due a watering in the morning so will try that.

My only concern is that it might be fungal as it's spreading to other leaves. Can anyone confirm if this is the case or not?

Yes, an EC 1.0 i should of said. i think that Superthirve stuff is a bit extreme.

and like in the other posts above about the roots. if they are rooted trough then transplant right away.i know where your coming from

waiting for the rest to root out, but it would be best to go ahead,as then you can move onto your grow food,and take it from there.

hope you get sorted,

• Like 1

Yes, an EC 1.0 i should of said. i think that Superthirve stuff is a bit extreme.

and like in the other posts above about the roots. if they are rooted trough then transplant right away.i know where your coming from

waiting for the rest to root out, but it would be best to go ahead,as then you can move onto your grow food,and take it from there.

hope you get sorted,

Thank you Para,

Just given them a light watering of formulex.

Guess it's time to get my Wilma into action. Only problem being that the NLxSK1 is looking really bad. Don't want to put it into a recirculating system if it's diseased (see pic).

Any thoughts?

NLxSK1

post-69140-0-74142900-1327345043_thumb.jpg

Jack 47

post-69140-0-69996100-1327345085_thumb.jpg

Ive got 2 in Coco atm which are looking very similar, Ive a feeling i've overfed them from the start and they have had poor quality air since birth. Ive started taking air directly from outside now and have just flushed them with a weaker solution 0.35 from 0.5. Roots on mine seem fine however and are already fighting their way into my autopot tray.

Overfeeding can do that to your plants and it'll take a couple of weeks to get em right again.

Its extremely hard to put a finger on the problem when there are so many variables to consider, get em in your system an see if they pick up, just make sure you go slightly under with the watering to try and encourage your roots, but not too much or you'll do more harm than good lol.

I find H202 works wonders when fighting bacteria, only 99p a bottle. put 1ml/ltr of 3% H202 in your next food mix.

Probably no help to you but there u go :)

• Like 1

hope you get sorted,

Thank you Para,

Just given them a light watering of formulex.

Guess it's time to get my Wilma into action. Only problem being that the NLxSK1 is looking really bad. Don't want to put it into a recirculating system if it's diseased (see pic).

Any thoughts?

NLxSK1

post-69140-0-74142900-1327345043_thumb.jpg

Jack 47

post-69140-0-69996100-1327345085_thumb.jpg

you got a typical case of ph fluctuations get your ph in order ASAP add some h202 to bring up the o2 count this will make a huge difference cheers DOC

PS: Rockwool has a high pH which means you have to adjust your nutrient solution low so that the root zone is neutral. Rockwool is also susceptible to pH shifts meaning more routine maintenance to keep the pH levels correct.

Edited by DrFever
  • Like 1