Uploading photos using an iPhone/iPad

Flamedodger

I thought I would put together a post for uploading from an iPhone, as there are a few nuances with it. I have no experience with Android phones, so can't help with them. For this post I am using my iPhone 11, so should work with iPad also. I've highlighted where you need to tap with red boxes to make it as simple as possible. Remember, you have to be a member to post photos.

Using this method, there should be no reason for any resizing of pics, you can do this easily from your iPhone with a couple of taps.

1. Take sweet pics of dank weed
  2. Go to uk420 homepage and click the 3 bars in the top right hand corner

3. large.IMG_0967.PNG

4. Click on browse

large.609d78d2126e2_IMG_0984(Edited).png

5. Click on Gallery, wait a few seconds

large.IMG_0968.PNG

6. This will bring you to the Gallery page, go to the bottom of the page and click 'Add Images'

large.IMG_0989.png

7. Choose your photos

large.IMG_0973.png

8. Select your category, choose 'Members Gallery', unless you're posting hash and oils photos

large.IMG_0970.png

9. If you haven't already created a Photo Album, do it now. You can use a different album for your grows, for this upload I'm using my current grow album 'The Clover Grow', its already created, so I click 'use selected album'.

large.IMG_0972.png

10. Choose your photos from your photo library, or take a photo. If you try and upload now, your will be presented with this warning.

large.IMG_0981.PNG

11. We need to resize our photos and bring them under the size limit. Tap the highlighted text.

large.IMG_0994.PNG

12. Choose which size you require medium is best for quality generally and if you're adding multiple photos, when you're ready, click 'done' and 'add'. The below image is 'small', whereas the others are medium, all of which come under the file size limit for the site.

large.5B44DE9D-15D0-4626-B4B7-023A5D0F7745.jpeg

13. iPhones sometimes don't play nice when uploading and you may find the images are not rotated correctly. That's no problem. the site can do that for you, click the highlighted box and rotate clockwise or anticlockwise.

large.IMG_0998.png

14. At this point if you have not filled in any details for the photo, you can. I'm not sure if it helps @Joolz in the competitions having details filled out, hopefully he'll chime in and settle that one.
  15. That's pretty much it, when you want to insert a photo in your post use the insert media button and Insert existing image. There is an alternative method you can use by installing iCloud on your PC (requires resizing), you can take pics on your phone and upload them via PC or Mac.

If I've missed anything please add a comment.
Edited by Flamedodger
detail
  • Like 12

I’m not clued up with this stuff but don’t pics from phones sometimes hold info position etc or am I totally wrong probably am 

TS

Guest anarchycamp
38 minutes ago, Sinnerman said:

I’m not clued up with this stuff but don’t pics from phones sometimes hold info position etc or am I totally wrong probably am 

TS

Not on this site mate, don't know the ins and outs, but it'll be the meta data is removed for you when you upload.

Well stone the crows it actually works on my iPod touch.

ive asked before to no avail ; finally  sorted :) thanks 

imo this should be a sticky.

Edited by onetime
  • Like 6

• 1 year later...

doesn't work, only on iPhones, etc, not on actual desktops? the pictures are too big you have to downsize them to the point it won't show anything, says too big, period, I'm an advanced grower ready to get these beginners the basics then the rest is up to them, I'm more familiarized with the American forums

Edited by sshortguy1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sshortguy1 said:

doesn't work, only on iPhones, etc, not on actual desktops? the pictures are too big you have to downsize them to the point it won't show anything, says too big, period, I'm an advanced grower ready to get these beginners the basics then the rest is up to them, I'm more familiarized with the American forums

Until your a full member (50 posts I think) you may find it tricky.

The upload is 1MB from memory.....lifetime subs get 1.4MB to play with.

:yep:

(ps ....nice splooge money shot lollol

• Like 1

easiest way to do it on a mac (if your not into using photo resizing software/photoshop) is to email the pics to yourself then click-drag them to your desk top and load from there :stoned: 

Guest anarchycamp
On 14/05/2021 at 0:23 AM, anarchycamp said:

Not on this site mate, don't know the ins and outs, but it'll be the meta data is removed for you when you upload.

I now remove all data myself first before uploading here. My 2p

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Update

The site has been having formatting issues with numerous web browsers. I use Microsoft Edge on PC and my iPhone now. PC browser won’t move on pages by clicking the links, but the phone browser works almost flawlessly. 
When adding photos to a diary I find they always default to the start of the page.Simply highlight the photo, it’ll go blue, tap again and cut it, move your cursor to the bottom of the page and paste it. You’ll get a formatting error message, just click the cross, it doesn’t affect your post. The resizing explained in the OP still works and is so much easier than faffing about with image manipulation software.:yep:

Edited by Flamedodger
iPhone 11 iOS 16.6