Trainwreck, Bubba's Gift grow and Blue Dream Reveg

On 13/06/2019 at 0:56 AM, Bust a nug said:

I have 30'' to work with excluding the hydro bucket/tote

Perfect  :yep:

On 14/06/2019 at 0:49 AM, Bust a nug said:

Day 16 of 12/12

And starting to develop really well. Some nice budsites showing which will start to really go for it when the stretch is over. Should be slowing down now mate and we will see focus shift to beautiful bud production and trichome development  :bong:

Nice to see you got the hang of Picture uploads  :yep:

An other cool update, I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark

Day 27 of 12/12

My first attempt at scrog is alright. Next time it will be much better.

Canopy is getting fuller and smelling earthy.

S6lowvz.jpg

YtHEHZx.jpg

SNKHjU6.jpg

This is a 2 layer net.

1 to place the branches and the other to support the colas.

• Like 3

On 23/06/2019 at 9:35 PM, Bust a nug said:

My first attempt at scrog is alright. Next time it will be much better.

For a 1st attempt mate you've done a great job ;)

Another couple of scrogg grows and you'll have this tech down ;)

Canopy is starting to fill out a treat, the only thing I would do is a little more Defoliation of those larger leaves. Not much around 5-10% but imo it will help :yep:

Nice update my friend  ;) I'll drop back in on the next :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

On 25/06/2019 at 3:12 PM, HSO-Mark said:

For a 1st attempt mate you've done a great job ;)

Another couple of scrogg grows and you'll have this tech down ;)

Canopy is starting to fill out a treat, the only thing I would do is a little more Defoliation of those larger leaves. Not much around 5-10% but imo it will help :yep:

Nice update my friend  ;) I'll drop back in on the next :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

I might do some defoliation soon we'll see :skull:

On a side note my Bubba's gift clones finally rooted. Actually half of them rooted after 2 weeks! It's the first time I've had to wait so long for roots, normally 10 days max.

Day 36 of 12/12

RszBTRy.jpg

tf2OFE4.jpg

• Like 4

On 05/07/2019 at 0:10 AM, Bust a nug said:

@HSO-Mark Any idea when I should harvest my Bubba's gift for some prime smoke?

Just going of the pictures I would say around 55 day's possibly 60 at the most ;)

With that said, what type of high are you looking for mate?

If you want a really heavy Indica high I would let those trichome go around 20-25% Amber for a more balanced high I would harvest with only 5% Amber  :yep:

Do you have a loupe to check trichome colour and development? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Day 43 of flower, this girl is maturing fast! Look at those hair!

sLlBZi2.jpg

5ezVfbu.jpgfwXgxsY.jpg  I don't think I will be getting much Yield wise...I did not veg long enough to fill my SCROG. I am guessing around 7 oz.

Also sorry about the nute burn, I tried my best but even at 500 PPM I got burned :mellow:

• Like 4

Just saw my first amber thrichome! I'm guessing I will chop in around 5 days. I estimate 3 oz. Not a big yielding plant but smells amazing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bust a nug said:

Just saw my first amber thrichome! I'm guessing I will chop in around 5 days. I estimate 3 oz. Not a big yielding plant but smells amazing.

For a 50 day flower mate that's not to bad at all ;)

1 thing Bubbas Gift is very, very densely structured so I'm going to predict you'll hit over the 100g mark  ;)

Let me know if I'm close when you way up  :yep:

Not long now my friend and you'll be getting those scissors out and your fingers sticky  :bong:

Please do another update pre harvest buddy  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark

4 hours ago, HSO-Mark said:

For a 50 day flower mate that's not to bad at all ;)

1 thing Bubbas Gift is very, very densely structured so I'm going to predict you'll hit over the 100g mark  ;)

Let me know if I'm close when you way up  :yep:

Not long now my friend and you'll be getting those scissors out and your fingers sticky  :bong:

Please do another update pre harvest buddy  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

I inspected the canopy yesterday and I'm hoping for 4-5oz on my first harvest. I will switch the DWC res for PH'd water tonight as a flush and hopefully harvest the top layer this weekend.

After that,I will give some light nutes and let the lowers buds mature for a week or so and then harvest the rest. 1oz if they only mature and 2 oz if they bulk up.

Don't worry buddy I will document the whole thing ;)

I am already planning my next grow on the same setup, maybe upgraded. :thumsup:

I want to run around 6 plants and I have already chosen 3; Dinachem by Dinafem. I have a 3 pack from Attitude waiting and I've only heard great things from it. I have never grown a diesel  strain and I can't wait for the stink!

I have 3 more to chose which will have to be a hybrid to match the growth style of Dinachem. I'll take any reccomendation and/or gift ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just cut down the first layer of my canopy and I should have defoliated much more like @HSO-Mark said.

Here are the nugs after some trimming

sjv2qSN.jpg

Here is a nug shot, one of the lower one that broke off

zgcgBhX.jpgHere is the canopy after the first Chop

YxwEBG6.jpg

• Like 2

Re-arranged the scrog as best as I could, will harvest in 3 days7LOMcVu.jpg

The dried nugs maybe too dry :(

jADqvqR.jpg?1 The nugs day 1 of curing(thats a big freaking mason jar btw, maybe 4 oz in it)

lKleXfB.jpg For next cycle

2y1QM8d.jpg?1

• Like 4

The rest of the plant, I decided to dry the whole plant and dry trim because it dries too quick otherwise.

I think I'll have 3 oz of the first chop. Its curing nicely.

7Vy7Yuq.jpg

• Like 3

Here are the roots, not the biggest for the veg time but pretty nice PbW4Dzk.jpg

Remember that below is a 18 Gallon tote for comparisonIxK8qAa.jpg

• Like 2

Grow report

Bubba's gift is an easy plant to grow. It has slow veg, responds well to training and prefers light feeding. I couldn't go past 500 PPM or I would get nute burn.

The smell during flowering is delightful and if trained properly, the nugs are dense and have a good leaf/nug ratio. also, this strain was difficult to clone. Luckily for us cloning is free ;).

The yield was quite low but the quality of the buds and the quick flowering time makes up for it.

-

Also, we had high temperature with low humidity in canada during my drying. 29-32° C with around 35-45% RH. My buds dried in 3 days during my first chop(wet trim) and in 4 days during my second chop(hung whole plant and dry trim). Because of that, my buds are curing around 52% RH and will never reach their full potential. I will have to grow this strain again to be able to smoke what I've been smelling during the flowering. (I can't wait, it smells that good! Earthy, coffee & cream)

Remember that this grow was from 1 seed and may not reflect all the phenotypes.

Smoke report coming in around 2 weeks.

I have a new grow starting but it is mixed strains and not all from HSO (Sapphire OG only) and so I don't think I should document it here.

Edited by Bust a nug
  • Like 3