Potency!

BenDoverUK

Hi, Iv been growing pretty much organic for a while now and im very happy with my finished product. But as always im never satisfied. It looks like growing hydro would be much faster and stronger, But Is It? Would my weed be much stronger if i go hydro? I know theres lots of deciding factors and all that, but If i apply the same levels or research and attention to details as I do now would I get better results? :smoke:

The actual psychoactive complexity any plant is capable of producing is down to the genetics of the plant you are growing.

For any plant to express its maximum potential is down environmental factors. The complexity of the nutrients it gets has a bearing on that. Most hydro nutrients are formulated to produce weight as quickly as possible, not to produce potency, the two are mutually exclusive of one another.

The most important thing though is the light, ie no cannabis plant can or will produce the psychoactivity its genetics are capable of, if it is grown under the narrow bandwidth of any type of sodium lamp, blue enhanced or not during flowering.

• 3 weeks later...

We use Mycorrhizal fungi as this has the benefit of activating more of the plants internal pathways for resin production and we add Glucose to actually increase resin production.

These methods will only increase the amount of resin not the potency.

We also have a much easier time growing now, since we started using the fungi.

Hope it helps.

WOW :naughty:

Hi MDP, i am thinking that it is the 3 varieties that Rootgrow have.

We have tried the one for House plants and also the Rose's, we found both excellent to grow with but it is the "Rose & Garden Plants" that has shown greater level's of resin production.

The Tree variety does not have the correct fungi mix for plant's.

We used the DP Oasis we have been growing for 18months now as our test subjects and the difference in the smoke is incredable. :bush:

Hope i got it right and it helps.

WOW :ouch:

This RootGrow stuff sounds pretty amazing...

Could you put a percentage on resin production increase?

No matter how vague.

Also at about £2.50 it's worth it for any increase at all.

OOPS :P

Sorry SR, i was being to specific about the potency.

Resin is the only part of the plant that matters in the end IMHO, any increase in the % of resin on a plant is going to give you extra potency as such.

This is only my understanding from the research that i have read and carried out, i can tell you that smoking this DP Oasis is like smoking a completely different strain, much stronger.

Real sorry for not being able to give you pictures of the difference, the camera is a recent thing and the last Oasis will be chopped this weekend.

Hi blacKdeath, you need to spend a tenner but you never need to buy anymore, just Transplant(All explained on Rootgrow's site), now that is cheap.

Giving a figure is hard as we use Glucose aswell but at a rough guess somewhere around double looking at this last Lady.

WOW lol

hi tbfw,

any increase in the % of resin on a plant is going to give you extra potency as such.

personally i dont think thats true,i've smoked stuff with hardly any resin and been monstered,and also smoked weed caked in resin,which done very little,

i think it's more to do with genetic's and improved techniques...

could the improved plants be more to to with your growing skills getting better?????

i know a plant makes it's own glucose,but do you know if adding more will effect

the plants ability to produce it's own???? lol ie will it slow/stop it's own natural conversion of glucose???

i also thought plants used that glucose in the making of cellulose not resin... :P

anyone???

cheers

sr

With you there SR.

More resin will just give you more of the same potency, not increased potency.

As you say, there are mindblowers that are nearly resin free, and resin monsters not worth a toke....

'tis all down to suck it and see.....

and good growing practices......

NB: Note wahat OT1 said about Sodium? He's right. you need a Sodium and a Metal Halide yo get the very best potency factor.....

i`m 4 weeks into my 1st grow but i`ll be tryin mycorrhizal fungi next grow :soap:

i`ll maybe do two grows in 10"x4`troughs one usin fungi and one not, i`m definatley interested to see what difference it can make.

btw does anyone know where to get these long trough things ? my growroom is only 2foot 6" x 5foot exactly and i`d like to get the most out of it.

cheers

Referring to OT1 and Arnie`s point about needing Sodium and MH to get the best potency. Would you get that max potency useing a grolux bulb which is a combination of the two?

Blue enhanced sodiums are hopeless, they produce both lower yields and potency than standard son-t plus lamps ie you pay more and get less.

The minuscule amount of blue light produced by so called enhanced sodiums improves photosynthesis in low energy plants like pot Chrysanthemums. Cannabis is a high energy plant, some schools think the thc/resin glands developed to protect against intense shortwave light. Halides provide that to some extent, but don’t compare to high altitude sunlight in the tropics.

do you give any credence to the view that potency can be improved by using ultra violet light as a supplement to hps? ;)