'These would have a serious effect on your child': Police warn parents over cannabis-laced 'sweets'

Joolz

2 hours ago, Simple Jack said:

Did the child in question think they were "normal sweets"? 🤨

Was the child in question normal?

• Like 1

Could have been much worse, they could have found a bottle of vodka or some such.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Joey Diaz's breakfast

If I saw seeds labelled up with that on em id buy  em

:yinyang:

• Haha 3

Quite like the thought of gummies but with children would be a risk if not under lock and key. Don’t like the packaging why make them look like children’s sweets. They like £30 a pack too. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I really dislike the whole idea of them (particularly the packaging), but I just see the whole media furore about them, of which this is a part, to be utterly hypocritical when there are drinks full of highly addictive caffeine (which in high amounts is linked to mental health problems a lot more convincingly than cannabis) that are legally sold to (and specifically targeted at) kids, where are all the articles about that ? :unsure:

In general I'm absolutely against the whole concept of prohibition, but I honestly think that the sale of caffeinated drinks (including cola) to children should be banned.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 7

Agree with a couple comments here - I don't really like this whole angle of packaging/product. I've never tried a gummy and I have no compulsion to, but I do think these sorts of packaging are detrimental to the movement towards decriminalisation / legalisation because it could easily be argued that these are set up to target children. It's just a doofus move, IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boojum said:

drinks full of highly addictive caffeine (which in high amounts is linked to mental health problems

And heart problems 😱

• Like 2

lol I'm sure said 15 year old (kid im not so sure) knew just what they was just like the knife in his back pocket.

Can't say the packaging makes much diff when the contents are gummys and at the cost of a pack it's pretty obvious they ain't your average sweets.

Fuking laughable at best :yinyang:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hashslag said:

I've never tried a gummy and I have no compulsion

They're great if you need to get blasted on the low down, never bought em though I've always made my own by melting haribo gold bears n adding a metric cuntload of decarbed rosin.

The few occasions where ive sampled bought gummies i can honestly say they're not very good, i want to eat two or three and be interdimensionally high not a whole bag :nope:

:yinyang:

18 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

Was the child in question normal?

For that part of the world? - No. The youth drug of choice up there is ketamine.

My fool of a nephew had 4 close call OD's between the ages of 15 and 17. As I said to his poor exasperated mother at the time, "why can't he just do weed like a normal teenager?"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Simple Jack said:

For that part of the world? - No. The youth drug of choice up there is ketamine.

My fool of a nephew had 4 close call OD's between the ages of 15 and 17. As I said to his poor exasperated mother at the time, "why can't he just do weed like a normal teenager?"

Yeah Ketamine is not a good idea. I hope your nephew sorts himself out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My nephew was bang on the K for a while. Like, all the time on it. Little older than yours, probably 19-20ish. He kicked it, went to regular meetings and has been clean of that shit for over a year now. He still smokes a bit of weed, and it's possibly partly that which keeps him away from the horse powder.

• Like 2

Fortunately he seems to have stabilised now.  I don't know what he's up to, but it doesn't involve regular trips to the ICU nor trashing the house.

• Like 2

The youth drug of choice up there is ketamine.

People in the illegal rave community was hard on that back in the early 00's, i never touched it myself, i'd rather do crack lol

Funny thing is in the US they have a legal ketamine therapy programs 🤔

I bought some "green" capsules at a nightclub in Brum about 30yrs ago. Fuckin', niteclub-mare. Couldn't dance, couldn't pretend I was straight. Big and bouncey left me. Ended up in a Ford Cortina the driver called the Millenium Falcon. I got home (thank people) I may have shagged Chewwy!

Don't do Ketamine!

• Haha 1