'These would have a serious effect on your child': Police warn parents over cannabis-laced 'sweets'

Joolz

7FPGDGIZWRC4LM2SDAMYX25G7E.jpg

The warning comes from Oswestry Police, who said officers found a packet of the sweets on a 15-year-old boy in the town.

Police Community Support Officer Kurt McCabe posted a picture of the sweet packet online, asking people to check for themselves if they think it looked like 'normal' sweets.

The branding includes the name 'Millions Rope Bites' – but with the word 'medicated' above, set on a vivid yellow and green swirly pattern, as well as references to a '60-minute activation time'.

PC McCabe has warned that the 'edibles', which contain an ingredient of cannabis, can have a "serious effect" on children.

He said: "Please take a quick look at the image of the packet of sweeties. Are they normal sweets?

"What you are actually looking at is a packet of 'edibles' or THC-laced sweets.

"They are sweets laced with six grams of THC, the active ingredient in cannabis which would have a serious effect on your child, especially if found by younger siblings of teenagers.

"So we are asking parents to be especially vigilant, as this pack was seized by myself from a 15-year-old male.

"His parents have been informed and we are glad to say that they are actively on board with the actions taken by the police.

"Please look to see what your children have in their possession, as this could easily have been mistaken for normal sweets."

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/crime/2024/05/19/these-would-have-a-serious-effect-on-your-child--police-warn-parents-over-cannabis-laced-sweets/

Posted (edited)

I wonder if they have dodge synthetic THC in them that they like to leave out of their news reports 🤔

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Joolz said:

They are sweets laced with six grams of THC

That's actually 0.6g(600mg) if you use maths ;)

6g would be 6000mg :)lollol 

lollol 

I want some lollol

Atb

☯️

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

6g would be 6000mg :)lollol 

That's Joey Diaz's breakfast sorted lol

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Joolz said:

It says 600mg on the packaging though. lol  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Saddam said:

It says 600mg on the packaging though. lol 

The police and media don't let facts get in the way of their propoganda  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fucking hell lol

No wonder they’ve got a reputation for over inflating the weight of peoples grows. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

You can buy the empty packaging in multiples of 10 on that auction site, I might buy some and fill them with haribos just to waste police time.

• Haha 13

7 minutes ago, Saddam said:

You can buy the empty packaging in multiples of 10 on that auction site, I might buy some and fill them with haribos just to waste police time.

I love your wicked mind lol

45 minutes ago, Saddam said:

haribos just to waste police time.

What's the betting they can't tell the difference...:rofl:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joolz said:

It's clear why you became a PCSO you thick cunt lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Joolz said:

The branding includes the name 'Millions Rope Bites' – but with the word 'medicated' above, set on a vivid yellow and green swirly pattern, as well as references to a '60-minute activation time'.

PC McCabe has warned that the 'edibles', which contain an ingredient of cannabis, can have a "serious effect" on children.

He said: "Please take a quick look at the image of the packet of sweeties. Are they normal sweets?

Did the child in question think they were "normal sweets"? 🤨

I'm possibly being pedantic (how very unlike me lol ) but I wouldn't call a 15 year old a child, at 15 you're an adolescent not a child (and I'm pretty sure most 15 year olds nowadays wouldn't think they were normal sweets, they'd know precisely what they are).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1